Spyder Garage

Default Disappointed in the Rally Wheel Spoke Wrap

I review the Can-Am Ryker Rally Wheel Spoke Wraps from rykerwraps.com. I hate to give them a bad review but I am really disappointed in the product. It is thin like electrical tape and the cut is way off. It is like they never tested their own product. Please check out the video for the full review. Hopefully, this saves some of you money. I hate for you to buy a bad product like I did.
    https://youtu.be/keCBURhrynE

Thank you,
    Mark aka budyser365

Spyder Garage

Probably would have been better off taping and spraying with plastic dip.

Spyder Garage

These wraps aren't all they're cracked up to be ... at least not always.

I ordered a simple frunk wrap from wrapmyspyder.com. I tried to install it myself, followed all the rules, ran the YouTube video while I was doing it, and still could not get it straight without wrinkling. I reordered and tried again with the same results. I reordered a third time and took it to a highly-rated wrap shop here in town. They were able to apply it straight and without wrinkles BUT they left a number of small bubbles in it that they said would eventually go away. That made sense at the time but 18 months later (including 3 weeks in the Las Vegas summer sun while the Spyder was at the dealer for a repair) and I still have all the same old bubbles. From a distance it isn't bad but very obvious when you're standing next to it. Pete at wrapmyspyder told me that the big problem was that I had chosen red metallic for my wrap; he said that is prone to this sort of problem but I never expected anything like this. But when neither pros nor amateurs can apply it properly, you shouldn't offer it at all.

As for your wheels, your wrap simply wasn't designed and cut properly. You are owed a refund (I cannot say the same about my wrap; it was properly designed and cut, it's simply impossible to get right). Based on my experience, I didn't even consider doing wraps for my factory-black RT-S wheels. I don't like black wheels, to each his own, but the point is this - I paid a guy $250 to paint my RT-S wheels a nice red metallic and that was completely painless compared to the time and grief (and money for 3 (!) wraps) that I've spent on the stupid frunk wrap that still isn't right. It would be a lot easier and simpler to just have somebody paint your wheels black if that's what you like, then you can also touch them up if you get a chip ... unlike the wrap.
    2017 RTS , Blue

Spyder Garage

I would agree, a refund is in order.

Spyder Garage

You are probably better off making your own stencils using painters tape (cover the shape of the wheel with tape and then carefully cut it out - then transfer the shape to vinyl and cut away ).
    Just buy the vinyl wrap and have fun.
    Last edited by mrNewt; 08-16-2019 at 01:21 PM. Reason: can't speliosh :D

Spyder Garage

Thanks guys for your comments. I actually felt really bad making this video. I hate giving bad reviews but I am an honest person and I value your trust. Rykerwraps.com has reached out to me and want to make it right with everyone that has got bad wheel spoke wraps. The video was meant to help them and the community and not to hurt a small company. I hope they succeed in a big way. A few people privately emailed me thanking me for the video stating that they got bad wraps also and just threw them away without asking for a refund. That is not rykerwraps.com fault. If they don't know about an issue, they can't fix it. I wanted to bring it to their attention. I wish the best for them and their company. They honestly seem like really good people who want the best for their customers. I am always here to help anyone I can and I want to be trusted as a reviewer for honesty. If they fix the template they are using in their vinyl cutter and these fit correctly, they can be a really great product.

Thanks again,
    Mark