Thread: Rain Gear?

Hybrid View

Very Active Member BoilerAnimal's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

NO! Don't waste good money on this for rain gear. Oh, it'll keep you dry.......until you end up drowning in your own sweat! These suits don't breath, even if they claim to be "vented" and they are not very durable. If they ARE durable, then they weigh a ton. And you would need a suitcase to try and pack them. I've worn too many of these types of rain gear to work in and they are not comfortable to begin at all.
    On the road again...........and forever young!

2013 RT-S SE 5

Yesterday is a cancelled check.
    Tomorrow is a promissory note.
    Today is cash.......spend it wisely.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BoilerAnimal View Post
    NO! Don't waste good money on this for rain gear. Oh, it'll keep you dry.......until you end up drowning in your own sweat! These suits don't breath, even if they claim to be "vented" and they are not very durable. If they ARE durable, then they weigh a ton. And you would need a suitcase to try and pack them. I've worn too many of these types of rain gear to work in and they are not comfortable to begin at all.
    Funny; the first time I wore my suit from Lowes' it kept me perfectly dry for 6 hours in moderate to heavy rain and I could feel the ventilation working perfectly. No more sweating than I experience in my cordura gear. The package it came in is 12" x 12" x 1.5" and that's before I squished it down into a saddlebag or trunk. You must have some very small suitcases. As for durability, time will tell I guess.

Those who say " I can't" will always be right.
    2014 RT Limited , pewter (magnesium?)