Ok - kind folks - talk me off the ledge

After 3 months of trouble free zipping around town I decided to take my 600 Ryker to the dealer for a 1k (1.2k actually) mile checkup and oil change. Decided to go the fast way - I95 N for about 40 miles or so. Just as I was entering the highway at about 45mph on a slight curve and I heard for the first time the whistle and got the "Limp mode" flash and proceeded to take the next exit and figure things out. Limped home for about 6 miles at around 35mph. Called the dealer who told me I probably had my foot lingering on the brake which would cause this (they are a new dealer and are finding stuff out - duh!) and for me to wait a couple of hours and the Limp mode would go away. I know damn well that my foot was not on the brake for more than a couple of seconds a couple of times when needed in traffic - I don't ryde with my foot covering the brake!

Sure enough when starting the bike 3 hours later the limp mode was still activated. Now I have the choice of driving in limp mode 50 miles or so to the dealer I bought the bike from or try the dealer close by my home (from whom I did not buy the bike) Chose to do the latter but of course have to wait about 3 weeks for any diagnostic service.

When I start the bike the limp mode is on - the VSS icon is showing and the engine icon is flashing and the screen says VSS problem - is there a way I can access a code # or something to more precisely indicate my problem or do I have to wait for 3 weeks to find out?

I did try to search this on this site but did not find details relating to a Ryker 600.

Any advice will be most appreciated.

Thanks