Thread: Killer HAIL

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Post Killer HAIL

Yesterday (?) … in Bethune Colorado, one hail stone was almost 5 in. in diameter ( like a grapefruit size ) and weighed 8.5 oz …..that could kill you …. Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    Yesterday (?) … in Bethune Colorado, one hail stone was almost 5 in. in diameter and weighed 8.5 oz …..that could kill you …. Mike
    I got caught on a bike in a hail storm in Colorado in 2003, nickle and quarter size hail beat me black and blue by the time I found shelter less than a mile down the road. That was pretty bad, imagine getting smacked by that 5" boulder!
    h0gr1der
    2018 RT Limited Blue/Chrome SE6 *Tri-Axis Bars*Adjustable Driver Backrest*175/55R15 Vredestein Front, 205/60R15 Vredestein Rear Tires*Baja Ron Front Spring Pre-Load Adjusters*Misty Mountain Sheepskin seat cover*Centramatic balancers *Garmin Zumo 595LM GPS*KOTT Grills*BajaRon swaybar*SpyderPops Alignment*Missing Belt guard*Magnetic Mirrors*Custom Rear Adjustable Shock*360° LED Headlights & Foglights*Progressive front fender turn signals
    States Visited on Less than 4 wheels.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Please do not export that weather event to Australia. More than happy to look at in awe from afar
    2017 RTL , White

Spyder Garage

Beautiful blue skies yesterday and today in Utah. But Sunday was the 20th anniversary of our major tornado that did kill one.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Default Yikes...!!!

Spent time in Colorado and got caught in those hail storms here in California as well but not on the coast where we are now. Now that size and weight
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

This was in Florida about 20 or more years ago. Lucky for me it was at night and I was inside. I stood under the porch roof and took the pictures. It did around $5,000 damage to one truck which was not under a shelter. Did some other damage too. Insurance companies had special locations set up to assess vehicle damage. It was wide spread across the entire county.
    2019 F3-S , Black & Silver

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    Yesterday (?) … in Bethune Colorado, one hail stone was almost 5 in. in diameter ( like a grapefruit size ) and weighed 8.5 oz …..that could kill you …. Mike
    Got caught in a hail storm 3 years ago here in the Black Hills, did $1700 damage to my Spyder.
    Bob S

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Friday after work my wife and I went shopping at WinCo. She had her car and I had my spyder. As the clouds rolled in I told her I didn't want to get wet so I headed home before she finished shopping. I got hailed on slightly, stung my face a little but no damage. My wife's new Jeep Grand Cherokee sustained $8,500 worth of damage along with hundreds of other vehicles in the area of that freak hail storm. Wife said some of the WinCo shoppers started running outside because they thought the roof was going to collapse. They quickly returned inside because they couldn't stand the pain and punishment. LOL

Spyder Garage

Just one more reason to always wear a helmet........... chances of getting caught in the open during a hail storm are not very great, but it would only take one time. You could recover from bruises all over your body, but maybe not from a baseball size hail stone moving at 120 MPH. Better it hit your helmet than your gourd.
    2019 F3-S , Black & Silver