Thread: Radio default

Spyder Garage

Default Radio default

I have been the proud owner of a 2018 Spyder RT for about 1 1/2 months now. Lots of fun, but one thing bugs me. I don't really care for the radio when I ride, but every time I start it, the radio comes on after about 30 seconds. I turn it off every time, and have tried setting the auto volume to "Off", but still can't figure out how to keep it from coming on.
    For what it's worth, the software is version 12.20, and I intend to see if the dealer will update it the next time I go there (about 40 miles each way). That might correct the issue when I get it done, but it would be nice if I could figure out something in the mean time.

Any suggestions?
    2018 RT , Pearl White

Very Active Member ottawa-rider's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

You cannot turn it off, you can only turn the volume way down or even mute it.

To turn down the volume, repeatedly push down on the joystick, to mute press down and hold the joystick for a few second.

Press up to raise or unmute the volume.
    2018 RT LTD , Black

Spyder Garage

Thanks, I do that. But it seems there should be a way for it to stay muted or volume down, instead of coming on every single time.
    When I test drove a Spyder at the dealer, I didn't have to shut off or mute the radio. I guess it's possible that they already had it done, and I never had the key off long enough for it to reset.
    2018 RT , Pearl White

Very Active Member ottawa-rider's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

OK, the fact that it resets after a shutdown is strange, mine does not do that.
    2018 RT LTD , Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The latest dash version is 20.8 and whatever level the radio/music is when I turn the bike off comes on at the same level. When you see yellow in the dash that is what moving the joystick will activate. Get the 2019 operators manual and you'll better instructions.

http://www.operatorsguides.brp.com/I...d-0697f025ae4d
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

Mine will play via bluetooth automatically unless I have it paused. You can pause it by holding the joystick down for a couple of seconds.

2021 RT Limited
    2021 Spyder RT Liminted , Marsala Red in Black