Spyder Garage

Default Replace tail light assembly on a f3-

Sooooo - after hooking the tail light with the garage door. I've got a new assembly coming the end of the week. Has any one replace the assembly? How did you do it (where can I find instructions)? This is on a F3-S
    Last edited by hillrider; 08-14-2019 at 01:09 AM. Reason: hit enter instead of shift
    '15 RTS

Spyder Garage

Go to this web site, https://can-am.brp.com/on-road/shop/...ts-iframe.html, drill down to the year of the F3-S and find the picture of the tail light assembly. You will find it on Picture #10, Electrical System Accessories. Blow it up a little and you should be able to see how to remove the damaged assembly and install the new one. If you are uncertain how to do it start by taking pictures with your phone as you remove things and install the new part(s) using the photos as guides.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

its not that hard but the screws are inside the fender so you will need to unbolt the rear fender from the swing arm to do the job. Then its just remove and replace the tail light assembly and tuck the wiring as you assemble.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Thanks guys. There was a time when I was rated 'shade tree mechanic with crossed dvm probes'. Those days are sadly gone! Again thanks - Chuck
    '15 RTS

Spyder Garage

I just recently removed and reinstalled my rear fender. The first step is to remove the license plate to access the electrical plug cover. Disconnect the electrical plug and separate the cable from the rear fender support. Everything else is easy but be careful when removing the rear fender bolts (yellow lock-tite). Before reinstalling the rear fender, I recommend that you removed the yellow lock-tite from the bolts and on the swing arm. I used an M10 x 1.50 tap to carefully remove the lock-tite on the swing arm threads. I used blue lock-tite and torqued the bolts to 20 ft-lbs unless somebody gives me the correct tightening torque. The bolts are stainless steel and the fender support and the swing arm are steel (verified with a magnet). Good luck.