Spyder Garage

Default Being more accepted. What a difference two years make

When I got my first Spyder a couple years ago, it seemed like the "wave" was rarely reciprocated. But over this past riding season, and especially since I got my new F3S, it seems like the wave is now returned more often than it is not. And not only that, it is often initiated by the other biker. Harleys, Crotch Rockets, cruisers customs...you name it...they all wave now!
    SpyderSkeets
    Ashburn, VA
    2017 F3-T SE6

Spyder Garage

Alas...another "wave" thread....it is what it is. I don't wave to every F150 driver I meet on the hwy, just because I drive one, so, I don't really feel the need to wave at every bike on the road, Spyder or other make,. I don't know them, they don't know me....I consider myself a friendly guy, but I don't wave at everyone.....heck, NOBODY'S that dang happy and friendly all the time...LOL...Yeah yeah, I know some of you probably are...Wave to me, I'll wave back....but I'm usually not the initiator of "the wave"
    2021 RT Limited

2016 RTS , Pearl White

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderSkeets View Post
    When I got my first Spyder a couple years ago, it seemed like the "wave" was rarely reciprocated. But over this past riding season, and especially since I got my new F3S, it seems like the wave is now returned more often than it is not. And not only that, it is often initiated by the other biker. Harleys, Crotch Rockets, cruisers customs...you name it...they all wave now!
    How do you suppose they know you passed the 2 year mark?
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

I've ridden since I was 12 years old so I feel I am part of the riding community so I wave at other riders regardless of the brand of ride. I have noticed that more of them return my wave than a year or so past. I'll keep on waving at all riders.

Spyder Garage

Guess I must live in the wrong part of Loudoun County........Haha! I seem to get quite the opposite........

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderSkeets View Post
    2014 ST-S Cognac
    2014 ST-S , OEM Yes Cognac

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mazo EMS2 View Post
    Alas...another "wave" thread....it is what it is. I don't wave to every F150 driver I meet on the hwy, just because I drive one, so, I don't really feel the need to wave at every bike on the road, Spyder or other make,. I don't know them, they don't know me....I consider myself a friendly guy, but I don't wave at everyone.....heck, NOBODY'S that dang happy and friendly all the time...LOL...Yeah yeah, I know some of you probably are...Wave to me, I'll wave back....but I'm usually not the initiator of "the wave"
    +1
    2015 RT , Black

Spyder Garage

Default More and more....

There are more and more of us.. I wave to all even motorcycle cops and thumbs up to all firefighters..
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

I'm new to the Spyder world this past spring and I get the wave well over 90% of the time, when you're out there open air riding you're a fractional part of traffic and that's what makes it special, it doesn't matter if you're on two wheels or three, and if you ever have an issue while out riding you know who it's going to be that is going to stop to help you out.
    2018 F3 Limited , Black/Chrome

Spyder Garage

The "wave" subject will have all kinds of opinions. Our response varies, but we try to get them in if waved at.

We notice we get more waves here in Arkansas than we did in Alaska though. And that includes all flavors of bikes.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

BMW's, choppers, and crotch rockets generally don't respond. Why? My guess is that we have 1 too many wheels and that just doesn't cut it. In our travels I've noticed they're generally just an unfriendly bunch that won't even respond to a friendly "hello" from a 3 wheeler in a restaurant or gas station parking lot. However, I've never had another spyder rider not respond.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 2dogs View Post
    BMW's, choppers, and crotch rockets generally don't respond. Why? My guess is that we have 1 too many wheels and that just doesn't cut it. In our travels I've noticed they're generally just an unfriendly bunch that won't even respond to a friendly "hello" from a 3 wheeler in a restaurant or gas station parking lot. However, I've never had another spyder rider not respond.
    BMW riders are too STUCK UP, Crotch Rockets riders have their weight on their arms and Chopper Riders are afraid to take their hands off the handle bars.
    2015 RTS SE6 Special Series Red/Black w/Magnesium front fenders(bought in Nov. 2018 w/9,400 miles)
    Dynojet Power Commander V, Power Commander POD-300 Display, PCV Map Switch, Pedal Commander (WOW)
    Passenger Arm Rests, Windshield Air Wing
    Baja Ron's Sway Bar & Spring Adjusters
    Air Scoops, LaMonster's Hiway Pegs
    Magnetic Mirror Mounts, Air Innovations Seat Cushion
    Red Chrome pin striping on Black hood
    Federal Formoza AZ01 front tires (they're GREAT)
    Kumho Ecsta AST KU25 All-Season Tire - 225/50R15 91H
    LED bars above radiator inlets
    LED brake/running/turn signals on license plate frame
    Tag-Along trailer
    LED headlights LED fog lights (WOW)
    2" x 2" Road Lights inside front fenders
    7' x 10' Cargo trailer
    Garmin 396 LM GPS
    RLS Cat-delete resonator with China Akropovic muffler
    New Banshee AGM
    M3 TPMS on front tires
    Remote Control for Heated Jacket and Heated Riding Pants
    Analog Clock and Analog Volt Meter
    Loose Nut Behind Handlebars
    2015 RT-S Special Series , Stock Spark Plugs Brake Pedal Extension Cherry Red/Black

Spyder Garage

It's a recognition of a member of the motorcycle community, or brotherhood as some consider it. Same reason most of us always stop for a stranded biker...
    2011 Spyder RT-S
    LtCol, USAF Ret
    Proud Patriot Guard Rider
    2011 RT , Yes Blue