I've been searching through the forums all day, but nothing quite matches what I'm seeing on my 08 RS. I've owned it now for six months, and it has 38K miles.

I was driving home on the freeway when my instrument panel suddenly began showing four different fault codes, interspersed with a Check Engine solid light. The bike didn't go into limp-home mode, however; I was able to get home fine. I took it to the dealer, who diagnosed an open clutch circuit and another open circuit - don't remember what at the moment. The mechanic fixed those and also diagnosed a loose cluster connector, which he fixed.

The same day I picked it up, I got home (50 miles later) and it started the same behavior - fault codes and check engine light. On a hunch, I replaced the battery, which was almost three years old. It seemed fixed until about 30 miles into my commute this morning, when it started showing the check engine light, and a few miles later the fault codes. It still doesn't go into limp mode - the bike seems to ride fine.

My gauge is showing VSS Fault, EBD fault, DPS Fault, and ABS Fault warnings. These come and go, but for the most part they stay on. I also get a Check Engine message and a solid engine light. The battery reads 12.8V with the motor off, and it goes over 14V when it's running and I rev the engine. The ground strap under the seat is tight. I haven't tried to pull the codes yet using the MODE button trick, but if/when the faults show up on my way home I'll pull over and check them.

Especially after all of my research, I'm really thinking this is an electrical problem somewhere, but I'm new to motorcycles in general and Spyders in particular, so I'm not sure what I'm looking for. Does anybody have any pointers or suggestions as to what to look for? Since the nearest dealer is 50 miles away, I'm kind of hoping to avoid that rigamarole again, especially since he didn't fix it in the first place. I can, however, take it to another dealer a bit further away...

Thanks in advance for any help!