Spyder Garage

Default Well I値l be; an F3-S fits me... (F3-S vs. Ryker)

For those of you that are interested, or have been following, I’ve been documenting my spyder journey here from initial test ride up through licensure and beyond. My first ever exposure to the roadster platform was on a Ryker, my road skills test and three wheel instruction class was conducted on a Ryker, and up until today I was fairly certain that my three wheeled future lay with the Ryker. Something about the F3‘s always appear daunting to me, and I assumed that the splay would be too much for my legs owing to spasticity caused by cerebral palsy. However, as fate would have it, a semi local dealer had a used 2015 F3-S with the foot controls set to position 1 on the showroom floor. For no other reason then to satisfy my morbid curiosity, I decided to stop by and swing a leg over it to see how it fit. Much to my surprise, the seating position was actually quite comfortable, with no excessive stress required to sit on the bike comfortably, nor actuate the brake safely. Upon taking it for a brief test ride, I was shocked at just how comfortable this machine really was. While I missed the overall diminutive size of the Ryker, and it’s accompanying visceral responsiveness within turns, I was thoroughly impressed with the F3’s solid and planted nature at speed. It felt much less frenetic, and less inclined to dart from side to side, as was often the case on the Ryker at speed. Additionally, the increased control granted by the SE-6 was thoroughly appreciated, not to mention the biting power of the Brembos. There was something inherently rewarding about the burbling exhaust note on downshifts, And the instantaneous surge of acceleration brought about by a crisp up shift that has me taking a second glance at a full size Spyder. It seems counterintuitive, but I actually found the Spyder to be easier to ride than the Ryker, not to mention seemingly more comfortable in the straights. So now, the question becomes, do I scour the used market, or potentially throw down money on this 2015 (which for reference has 3700 miles, and would run me approximately what a new Ryker rally would out the door, by the time you figure in Freight and all the other extraneous fees), or, hold out and see what the Ryker market is doing within the next couple of months?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2009 black segway i2 w/ black leanseats and roho pads

Spyder Garage

Glad you found a good test , also please consider the additional perks: onboard storage, security (Ryker does not offer) Various locks, cruise control,
    F3 is proven the Ryker still a fledgling.

https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...2018-Spyder-F3
    Last edited by Bfromla; 08-12-2019 at 11:04 PM. Reason: Link

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Glad you got to check both out. For me, there is no question that I would take the F3 over the new ryker. Fit, finish, comfort, and cruise control are just a few of the reasons that I would choose the F3. But only you can make that decision. Choose wisely.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

The F3 can do everything the Ryker can and then some and its got a Comfortable seat!

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Spyder Garage

Default Ah..! opinions

We do have many opinions here and make for some referencial help but it will still be up to you. If you have the time you can hold out although I'm not seeing any changes being made other than colors. The aftermarket guys may have some interesting things in mind....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black