Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default 2020 ryker rally pricing and crazy dealership experience.

So I recently joined a local ryker Facebook group and a member gave me a heads-up about a ryker rally she just traded in. It has low miles the comfort seat, a bag attached to the max-mount and a windscreen. So by my estimation about $1k in upgrades.

I went to the dealer to check it out and they told me it was the only ryker in stock. That they can't keep them in stock. They have sold over 220 of them and they aren't getting anymore until the 2020s arrive.

When I asked about price they said $15,995. They justified it as the only one in stock and likely the only one I will find for sale. They said it had a lot of upgrades (some mentioned came standard on the rally to begin with) and finally they said they just got word from can am that the 2020 ryker rally will have a base price of $13,995. Can anyone confirm the 2020 pricing?

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

$15,995 for a USED Ryker …… Run from that dealership, before they club you to D*ath …. jmho …. Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    $15,995 for a USED Ryker …… Run from that dealership, before they club you to D*ath …. jmho …. Mike
    oh I did, and I don't run.

Spyder Garage

At that price you might as well buy an F3.

Spyder Garage

Oh and they had New old stock 2018 RT''s for $20K... I pointed out they were new and only 4grand more... the salesman agreed they were a great deal.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by delkhouri View Post
    Oh and they had New old stock 2018 RT''s for $20K... I pointed out they were new and only 4grand more... the salesman agreed they were a great deal.
    I just checked our want ads …. there was a 2019 Ryker rally in Fla for sale for $8,000 ……. but it has been sold …..too bad …. Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    I just checked our want ads …. there was a 2019 Ryker rally in Fla for sale for $8,000 ……. but it has been sold …..too bad …. Mike
    I saw that and it was tempting but I am not in the position to pull the trigger at this time... Just about to start a new job and will need to let the dust settle first.

Spyder Garage

mike I bought it just got shipped to long island sunday

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ibuycars View Post
    mike I bought it just got shipped to long island sunday
    Good for you ….. That was a killer deal ….. I was sooooooooooooooo tempted …….. But I need another Toy ( 5 + ) like I need a hole in my head ……… Curious ? - who shipped it and how much was it to ship …..Thanks ……. PS what part of L.I. are you at , I lived there for my first 28 yrs. and hadn't heard of that town, I still have 25 + relatives down there …… Mike

Spyder Garage

u-ship Lindenhurst ny I will see you at spyder quest

Spyder Garage

Me personally I would get on the computer and get the customer service number and call Can Am and report the dealer for price gouging. Can Am isn't real fond of dealers doing that.
    2022 RT Limited , Silver w/ Black and Purple accents

Spyder Garage

So, I stopped by my local dealership yesterday in Elyria, Ohio to ask about the 2020 Rykers. They told me they will be out in 2-4 weeks and that they already have a waiting list for them. When I asked about a price hike for the newer models I was told the prices would be the same and that the only MAJOR difference in the 2020 models were cosmetic. Not sure what to make of this but I thought I pass this info along. The one good thing about this dealership is that if I purchase a Ryker from them they will store it for me for free during this winter season. The bad news from this dealership is that they charge prep (350.00) and destination fee (650.00). One way or another I guess we will find out very soon. The dealership did say that they speak to there Can-Am rep on a weekly basis and that they have never been informed of a price hike for the 2020 Rykers. Stay tuned!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by m2845us View Post
    So, I stopped by my local dealership yesterday in Elyria, Ohio to ask about the 2020 Rykers. They told me they will be out in 2-4 weeks and that they already have a waiting list for them. When I asked about a price hike for the newer models I was told the prices would be the same and that the only MAJOR difference in the 2020 models were cosmetic. Not sure what to make of this but I thought I pass this info along. The one good thing about this dealership is that if I purchase a Ryker from them they will store it for me for free during this winter season. The bad news from this dealership is that they charge prep (350.00) and destination fee (650.00). One way or another I guess we will find out very soon. The dealership did say that they speak to there Can-Am rep on a weekly basis and that they have never been informed of a price hike for the 2020 Rykers. Stay tuned!
    Thanks for the info... we will see, I hope you are right and i tend to think you are and your dealership is telling the truth. Pretty sure the dealership I talked to was full of it.

Spyder Garage

I cant believe all these dealers charging these crazy fee's. All I paid above the MSRP on my Rally was a $100 doc fee which I thought was very fair and I also got 10% off of accessories.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by KC61 View Post
    I cant believe all these dealers charging these crazy fee's. All I paid above the MSRP on my Rally was a $100 doc fee which I thought was very fair and I also got 10% off of accessories.
    Kudos KC61! You got in my opinion a fair deal and that is the type of deal that I am looking for. Did you purchase yours at a local dealership or on line?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by m2845us View Post
    Kudos KC61! You got in my opinion a fair deal and that is the type of deal that I am looking for. Did you purchase yours at a local dealership or on line?
    Local dealer about 50 miles away in Topeka, KS. CycleZone Powersports. Great guys and treated me fair on my trade also. He can't keep them in stock. I waited a little over a month for mine to come in because I didn't want their demo .

Spyder Garage

Just bought my new 2020 TODAY. They got 5 of them in early last week for some rapper who flaked and so they sold ALL 5 of them today. I got the second to last one. MSRP was $11,499. I’m in Charlotte NC, got it at PowerSports of Rock Hill SC. Financed through them. When I get home I’ll post pics of the full paperwork as far as fees and all that so u guys know. They threw in the passenger seat and comfort seat for me. As far as changes, VERY minor, but I’d say u might as well go with the newest model if it’s only a few hundred dollars more. I’ll be posting more info once I get ‘er home!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SirCake View Post
    Just bought my new 2020 TODAY. They got 5 of them in early last week for some rapper who flaked and so they sold ALL 5 of them today. I got the second to last one. MSRP was $11,499. I’m in Charlotte NC, got it at PowerSports of Rock Hill SC. Financed through them. When I get home I’ll post pics of the full paperwork as far as fees and all that so u guys know. They threw in the passenger seat and comfort seat for me. As far as changes, VERY minor, but I’d say u might as well go with the newest model if it’s only a few hundred dollars more. I’ll be posting more info once I get ‘er home!
    Well I guess my local dealer lied to me after all. $13,999 for the rally is what he told me the price hike would be.

Spyder Garage

$11,499 is closer to a thousand dollar increase over the 2019 models. Though how much of that was the dealer charges, or any other accessories, we won't know until we see the paperwork.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Culpjp View Post
    $11,499 is closer to a thousand dollar increase over the 2019 models. Though how much of that was the dealer charges, or any other accessories, we won't know until we see the paperwork.
    he said msrp was $11,499 for his new 2020 rally.... the msrp for the 2019 rally was $10,999... thats a $500 increase

Spyder Garage

15995 is high for a used ryker rally

one dealer just emailed me a otd price of 13938.29 for a new 2020 rally.

Spyder Garage

Can-am has the 2020 "brochure" and such on their website, might be worth a look?

https://can-am.brp.com/on-road/models-2020/ryker.html
    2017 F3-L Intense red "Wings"
    Spyderpops Spyclops Light
    Tric LED Headlights and Fog lights
    Madstad Windshield
    Phoenix - Wrap My Spyder
    Lamonster Highway Pegs
    BajaRon Sway Bar
    Rich's Custom Seats
    2017 F3-L , Red/Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BeefJerkyGod View Post
    15995 is high for a used ryker rally

one dealer just emailed me a otd price of 13938.29 for a new 2020 rally.
    Does it come with any accessories installed? Because if not , then that seems high to me. I got my 2019 Rally with both comfort seats and the high back rest installed for $13,200 out the door.

Spyder Garage

Dealer in Fort Worth was going to sell me a 2020 with comfort seats and passenger backrest for 13500 OTD. Was going to buy it but a dealer closer to me got a “used” 2019 with 320 miles that I picked up for 10499 OTD. And it had the custom pained panels(pearlescent, not really my thing), drivers comfort seat, tank bag, parking brake lock, locking gas cap, and hand guards. So fairly good deal I think.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DanWill View Post
    Dealer in Fort Worth was going to sell me a 2020 with comfort seats and passenger backrest for 13500 OTD. Was going to buy it but a dealer closer to me got a “used” 2019 with 320 miles that I picked up for 10499 OTD. And it had the custom pained panels(pearlescent, not really my thing), drivers comfort seat, tank bag, parking brake lock, locking gas cap, and hand guards. So fairly good deal I think.
    I do wonder why it was used with only 320 miles on it. There's a possibility that it was one of the unlucky ones that had a wheel alignment "shimmy" and the people returned it.