After riding my F3 for a few years now, I finally decided to update to a better sway bar from Baja Ron. The install wasn't to difficult after I figured out how to raise the front end to be able to do the job. I tend to think out of the box to come up with ideas and sometimes the tools and items I have around the house just tend to work for me without making some expensive purchase for a one time job. I tried lifting the spyder with the lift jack I had to lift the spyder up and add jack stands under the A arms but that was kind of hoaky and the spyder wasn't up high enough. I needed at least 22 to 24 inches of clearance to be able to remove the old sway bar and add the new one. Then I got to thinking. I had a new set of Tri-fold snowmobile ramps for my truck to load up a snowmobile. I took apart the center section of the ramp assembly and used the outside ramps for the spyder front wheels. I used my pickup truck tailgate as the lift bed. I needed something a little wider than the tailgate to hold the ramps out far enough to accommodate the width of the F3. I had a steel piece of sign post that I had kicking around and used it as a support beam for the ramps and this worked out well. I secured the ramps to the truck and put some jack stands under the aluminum ramps to help hold the weight of the spyder. I then started my spyder drove up onto the ramps with ease. I had plenty of clearance under the ramps to be able to remove the old sway bar and add the new one. With the center section of the ramps removed it also allowed me the space that I needed to work on the spyder. All this cost me was some time. It worked out very well!

DSC00602.jpg