Thread: brakes

Spyder Garage

Default brakes

have a 2008 spyder gs , had the brake failure light come on , has not gone into limp mode , checked brake fluid , of the 2 m/cyds under the seat the rear most one has fluid up to the cap and would be overflowing if not for the cap , no fluid had been added , the other m/cyd is at its normal level , the brake pedal now has a lot movement/play where before it was normal , as said has not gone into limp mode and the brakes are working , its the brake failure light thats come on ..not the abs light .. was told by a mechanic mate who doesnt know spyders can be a common prob in cars with a tandam m/cyd set up also possible abs prob due to a stuffed by pass valve... any help would be great as no canam/spyder work shops near by

Spyder Garage

How long has it been since the brake fluid was flushed and changed out? Fluid goes bad and can give this same issue. There are other possibilities, of course. Like a master or slave cylinder passing fluid. But if your fluid is old. I'd try that first.
    Last edited by BajaRon; 01-02-2020 at 10:20 AM.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

Mine has done this few times and I replaced back brake pads and then reset the computer

Spyder Garage

Sometimes, as little as a quarter teaspoon of brake fluid will fix the situation. Untill I got it figured out, early spring rides down Hatchers Pass would give me the brake light failure signal. The fix was to top off the brake fluid.

Try this first.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red