Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Ryker Rally fuel pump howl

Ok folks, I know this has been discussed before, but I need more info. I went to the dealership to make an appt. for fuel pump howl. Of course it is not doing it now and service never heard of the fuel pump ever being a problem on Rykers. So, what I’ll probably do is video record the noise the next time it happens to let them here it. My question to you all is #1 for the people who have had the fuel pump replaced, did this fix the problem? #2 does Can Am have a new and improved fuel pump? #3 I fill the tank all the way up and wonder if there is a canbus, like my BMW had, that the overflow gas would drain into and could that be making the howl sound like its under pressure, like a tea pot? Has anybody figured this out yet? Thank You my Friends, cueman

Spyder Garage

On my Ryker 600, the level of fuel isn't a factor as much as the temperature. High heat gets it to wail, empty or full tank. It will wail when the system is activated, stop, then wail again when the engine is started. After riding a while, it apparently stops as when I get to my destination, no wail. I talked with my dealership about it, but haven't taken any actions, yet.

Francis
    2019 600 , Haze Blue

Spyder Garage

Oh, and I've seen where others have apparently over-filled the tank (or didn't place the gas nozzle all the way in the neck of the tank) and the gas overflows from a tube that lets out at the front right wheel.

Francis
    2019 600 , Haze Blue