Spyder Garage

Question 2018 RT Limited Passenger footboard riser/peg modification help

I just purchased a 2018 RT Limited. My first task is to find a way for my vertically challenged wife to rest her feet when riding with me. Based on the measurements I took, I need to add 8 inches to the passenger floorboard when set to its highest level. I've looked at several companies including one (Diamond R) that has a passenger footpeg an have had no luck so I am asking all your Spyderlovers out there if you have dealt with this before and/or have a recommended solution.

Please keep your replies relevant since I have had some snarky feedback from a Facebook group. Any assistance is greatly appreciated as I want to take some longer trips with my spouse but need to find a way for her to be comfortable.

Spyder Garage
    2021 RT LTD Petrol Blue DARK delivered 9/22/20
    New Engine @ 500 miles 4/8/21 - 5/21 due to oil leak in block
    https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...400-miles-HELP
    2018 RT-L , Blue

Very Active Member CopperSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I dont know of anything like what your talking about or asking for is on the market, but you should be able to get something made using the floorboards you have. You may want to ask a local motorcycle shop if they know of a fabrication shop that will make something like that for you to add to your floorboards. The RT is well suited for short people. I was in Front Royal VA yesterday giving children rides on my RTL and they were able to get on and off good using the floor boards they were from about 7 - 13 years old, they were all smiles riding on the back. I wish you the best with this project, let us know how it works out.

Bluewoo provided some Good links to some good info for the do it your self person above!
    Last edited by CopperSpyder; 08-13-2019 at 04:37 PM.
    My Spyder
    2012 RTL , Brown