Spyder Garage

Default Where is the best place to buy a Ryker on-line

Hi,

Looking for recommendations to purchase a Ryker on line without paying shipping fees, set up and administration fees. I live in Cleveland Ohio and wonder if there are any truly great dealers out there to work with. Thanks!

Spyder Garage

So you wanna get one in a crate and put it together yourself? I would venture to guess that every dealer is gonna want some sort of fee, regardless of what they call it, to assemble a bike. Why not just shop around locally and buy from whoever treats you best? I can't hardly believe you'd be given any sort of warranty if you just had one shipped to you without any dealership involvement...I could be wrong though
    2021 RT Limited

2016 RTS , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Check with Honda Suzuki Can Am of Jackson. They may have what you want for a decent price and no shipping since you are only a few hours away. Not affiliated with them other than they gave me a good deal on my RT.
    2015 RT , Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

Thanks everyone on the great advice and I apricate everyone's input.

Spyder Garage

Let me preface this post by saying that I really like my Ryker. And I am a long time Harley guy. But, just a thought.......with all the made up fees they tack onto the MRSP I wonder when they are going to tack on a Research and Development fee. These fees can easily be put into the total sticker price instead of sucking folks in with the "low-low" price at their dealership. This goes for any car or truck sales also, not just this. Just wondering out loud so to speak. I am happy with my Ryker Rally, just wish they would quit with the disingenuous advertising all these auto dealers are guilty of.
    Sorry, about that. Like this forum and even paying all the extra fees, I still paid less for my Rally than I did for a new Harley.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MDLNB View Post
    Let me preface this post by saying that I really like my Ryker. And I am a long time Harley guy. But, just a thought.......with all the made up fees they tack onto the MRSP I wonder when they are going to tack on a Research and Development fee. These fees can easily be put into the total sticker price instead of sucking folks in with the "low-low" price at their dealership. This goes for any car or truck sales also, not just this. Just wondering out loud so to speak. I am happy with my Ryker Rally, just wish they would quit with the disingenuous advertising all these auto dealers are guilty of.
    Sorry, about that. Like this forum and even paying all the extra fees, I still paid less for my Rally than I did for a new Harley.
    I think this depends on where you buy. My Rally had no hidden fees really. My dealer charged a set-up/destination fee (on paper) but then discounted the MSRP the same amount so purchase price for my Rally was MSRP plus tax/title/registration (all state fees). The tacked on fees are really fees tacked on by the dealer not BRP.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Rodriguez View Post
    I think this depends on where you buy. My Rally had no hidden fees really. My dealer charged a set-up/destination fee (on paper) but then discounted the MSRP the same amount so purchase price for my Rally was MSRP plus tax/title/registration (all state fees). The tacked on fees are really fees tacked on by the dealer not BRP.
    That is what I meant, the dealer uses the MSRP to get you into their spider web before slapping on all the fees that they don't tell unsuspecting buyers. It would be much more honest or decent of them if they just went ahead and advertised the vehicle for the price it is out the door. Sure, some do give decent discounted prices, but they could start by giving you the REAL price up front.
    Now, going back to the Ryker and my area, there was NO negotiating on the price. They would negotiate on the Spyder but not the Ryker. The Ryker is selling like crazy and they don't have to negotiate. They can ask just about anything they want on them and still sell them in this area. Hey, I knew that they had a hard time keeping them on the display floor and I paid the premium price rather than wait until the frenzy settled on the newness of the Ryker. I did go to one Can Am dealer that had a list of added on fees printed out on a paper taped to the salesman's desk. That was good of them to post the list. But, I see no reason why there should be a fee for them putting the thing together or prepping the thing. That could be absorbed into the advertised price. This is the same with auto sales. It's just a pet peeve and not supposed to end up in a rant.

I would suggest to anyone that is thinking of buying a Ryker, to think fast. If rumors that they are going to raise the price on the 2020's is true, then it might be a good idea to snatch one up now, before the new models come out. Just my opinion for what it is worth.....two cents or a nickle?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Most dealers are out of Rykers, the BRP warehouse is empty awaiting the 2020's.
    Dean O
    Gran Pa Hoon
    Founder San Jose BMW
    Builder of the Motorcyclist Cafe Barn and Bunkhouse
    Alamogordo, NM

'20 Spyder F3 L

Spyder Garage

You are so on point MDLNB! When shopping for a Ryker, I just want to know what the out of door price is with out all the BS. To many dealers I have run across are playing games. They will tell me when the 2020 come in next month if I purchase it from them at MSRP they will give me a discount for either accessories, destination fee, or set up fees. None of them would tell me the true coast of purchasing the Ryker until after I started asking several questions. Truly, there has to be a dealer that would sell me the Ryker without all the hidden fees without having to ask them 1000 questions on pricing and ownership.

Spyder Garage

From most dealers, it is going to be difficult to get an OTD price without going through the purchasing process first. Most dealers will just not get on the record with that kind of information for all to see and hear.

If you are a serious, real buyer, most will work with you. Probing for pricing most of the time is a exercise in futility.

There is one dealer that does have a good online reputation that many endorse. Try Imotosports.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Thanks ARtraveler! I plan on calling on line dealerships this weekend and most defiantly will reach out to Imotosports. I wanted to first deal with my local dealerships around my area to see what types of deals they are offering on the 2020 Rykers when they come in. I do not mind paying the MSRP for a Ryker just wish dealerships would not pile on shipping fees, destination fees, and setup fees onto the buyers. When dealerships do please just state that upfront so that the buyers are not shell shocked when they see the final cost of owning one of these. The prices can add up quickly to almost the cost of a Spyder.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by m2845us View Post
    Thanks ARtraveler! I plan on calling on line dealerships this weekend and most defiantly will reach out to Imotosports. I wanted to first deal with my local dealerships around my area to see what types of deals they are offering on the 2020 Rykers when they come in. I do not mind paying the MSRP for a Ryker just wish dealerships would not pile on shipping fees, destination fees, and setup fees onto the buyers. When dealerships do please just state that upfront so that the buyers are not shell shocked when they see the final cost of owning one of these. The prices can add up quickly to almost the cost of a Spyder.
    Some dealers are more customer friendly than others. Most customers can cut through the BS, so when you encounter one of those, run, run, run.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Plenty of low mileage used one's around still under warranty. Why play dealer games if you don't have to? I paid MSRP for my Rally and got 10% off of all accessories and paid a $100 admin fee, that's it. No BS. But, you have to be a serious buyer not just a tire kicker. And if you are in the market for a low mileage used one with tons of upgrades come to KC and buy mine. Calling dealers and asking for price quotes over the phone is going to get you no where. They want to see a live body in front of them before they will deal in any way.

Spyder Garage

I want to buy from a reputable dealership so that if I was sold a lemon I know where to find them. Buying a used Ryker from out of state from a person I do not even know is just not going to happen. I purchased many expensive things over the internet like many other and really not worried about someone not taking me serious and when I do purchase the Ryker either in person or via the internet I always tell them I will be purchasing it out right without having to finance it. I am just not willing to pay all the extra BS that the local dealerships are trying to charge me.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Navydad View Post
    Check with Honda Suzuki Can Am of Jackson. They may have what you want for a decent price and no shipping since you are only a few hours away. Not affiliated with them other than they gave me a good deal on my RT.
    Navydad, I noticed you are also in Ohio. Did they charge you shipping or any other types of fees?

Spyder Garage

I paid around $600 in various fees, but I bought a new 2015 RT in January of 2017. They wanted it gone and I got it for $19,000 out the door fees included. I though it was a good deal because I keep my bikes for 100,000 miles so depreciation doesn't matter to me. I do most of my own work, but I liked their service dept. and I thought their service prices were very good as well.
    2015 RT , Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Navydad View Post
    I paid around $600 in various fees, but I bought a new 2015 RT in January of 2017. They wanted it gone and I got it for $19,000 out the door fees included. I though it was a good deal because I keep my bikes for 100,000 miles so depreciation doesn't matter to me. I do most of my own work, but I liked their service dept. and I thought their service prices were very good as well.
    Thanks Navydad! Well paying 600 still is not to bad. In the Cleveland area two dealerships want over 1000 in prep, destination and doc fees in which I think is extortion and as a result is having me look for on-line dealers.

Spyder Garage

Each state has a different "documentation" fees price. Some are extremely high and others are very reasonable. Unfortunately, I live in a state that is too high.