Thread: Po340?

Spyder Garage

Default Po340?

Limp mode came on after a couple days on the road. I read here how to check for the number. It shows a PO340 code. What does that mean?

Spyder Garage

Cam shaft positioning sensor, seems to be fairly common issue but local dealer didn't have parts. Still waiting for repairs. Chris

2021 RT Limited
    2021 Spyder RT Liminted , Marsala Red in Black

Spyder Garage

Thanks. Dealer in Columbus can't get to it till August 26. Are you still riding it? Is it an expensive repair?

Spyder Garage

Is your Spyder still in or out of warranty? The flat rate manual says 0.4 hr but you need to factor in what your local labor rate is.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

I'm not riding that bike. I traded it on a 2019 RTL. It's been over a month and it's not finished to my knowledge. This is the biggest problem with our machines. The dealers are very poor at getting things done quickly. They seem to be the cause of most folks frustration. Poor training and customer service, poor parts availability and turn around when service is needed. They could sell more of these trikes if they just improved the dealer experience. Chris

2021 RT Limited
    2021 Spyder RT Liminted , Marsala Red in Black

Spyder Garage

In my experience it has not been the dealers getting the work done, it's with parts availability. going way back to when I bought my Spyder and took delivery the first weekend of Oct 2014, it took until early Apr 2015 ti get the GPS mount for my Tri-Axis handlebars. When I got my adjustable driver backrest the parts guy at my local dealership told me, "Oh, this will be in very quickly because it's coming from a fairly close source"; same thing with the rain cover for my seat. A couple of weeks ago I ordered a radiator grill from BRP on line because my local dealership had closed shop, bought out. When I received the grill I saw it was from an upstate New York dealership. I think BRP tries to run a bare bones logistic system and we owners are the poor blokes who suffer.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Had the same issue and my dealer had the part shipped FedEx and it was installed the following day.
    2017 F3 , Blue