Hybrid View

Spyder Garage

Great questions! I hope I can help. But in the end. Whatever I say is just 1 more opinion.

- Tires are good, so I'm not replacing those now...unless front tires make a huge difference.
    If your Kendas are good, there is no need to replace them. These are not contributing enough to your issue to be a concern. Get good automotive tires when these wear out.
    - Elka stage 2 shocks front and rear "or" BajaRon's Custom Performance Front Shock Adjusters. I was told the shocks that came on my ryde were not adjustable. Not sure if it'd be better to adjust them or buy new ones.
    Obviously, you will want to check to see if your front shocks are adjustable. Easily done. If they are adjustable, the body of the shock will be threaded with 2 large ring nuts with slots in them for a spanner wrench. If you just have steel retaining plates for the coil spring top and bottom, then you do not have adjustable springs. It is interesting that every Spyder up until the 2013 models had adjustable shocks. The Spyder still needs them. Not sure why BRP decided to remove them. But I can tell you that the engineers do not have the last say in the the final product. The marketing department and the bean counters will overrule the engineers just about every time. The good news is that beginning in 2014, BRP began putting some decent (hydraulically) shocks on the Spyder. So adding adjusters is a less expensive option. Though it won't give you Elka performance. They do offer a worthwhile improvement.
    - BaJaRon sway bar
    Always an option, and will directly address the root problem you are having. I recommend the bar kit upgrade over the shock adjusters as a first step if you do not want to do both.
    - BajaRon's Billet Aircraft Quality Aluminum Heim Joint Link Set (I'm not sure if these help the ride or if they are for decoration to replace the plastic ones what I have.)
    The Billet Aluminum Heim Joint Link Ends are definitely pretty. But the real value in them is at least 2 fold. First, the factory links are a composite plastic. They stretch and compress under load. This lack of rigidity reduces the ability of the sway bar to control lean. Just installing rigid links will improve the function of a stock sway bar. Though not nearly as much as changing out the entire system with a sway bar upgrade kit. Second, my F3 sway bar is stronger than the factory RT sway bar. The composite plastic links are not up to the task and may fail. The stock links are subject to fail with the stock sway bar as well, though this is rare. The upgrade links are an integral part of the overall sway bar upgrade system. That is why I do not sell these bar kits without the upgraded links.
    - Would a wider or any seat help with me swaying as well? I know I want a seat that's more comfortable, but if it also helps with swaying, then I'll take that into consideration as well.
    A different seat may well be in your future. But though it might make it easier to stay in the saddle. It isn't going to address the root problem of excessive lean. And it will not give you the improvement in overall control and handling that you are looking for. Only a suspension system upgrade will do this.

Are there any other parts of the Spyder I have overlooked which could benefit an upgrade or adjustment?

The only other recommendations I would make are;
    1- Laser Alignment
    2- Correct and even tire pressures. (Important to have both front tires at the same pressure). I recommend 18-20 psi for front and 24-28 psi for rear. Assuming you have the stock Kendas mounted.
    Last edited by BajaRon; 08-12-2019 at 01:05 PM.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...