Quote Originally Posted by treva View Post
Glad to hear both of you are OK. Bloody frightening isn't it. Our RT definitely locked up the rear wheel at about 30kph. You sound a little confused as to what actually happened [ lockup or slide ] & I can understand that. Nevertheless, that happening at 100kph is scarily off the scale.
Could there have been some fluids on the road to cause your F3s to lose traction? That said, what happened shouldn't have.
Let the dealer in conjunction with BRP sort it out. I hope for your sake your bike is still under warranty. It may be quite some time before your ride is back on the road.

Our RT runs as it should, but the uneasiness, although subsiding, is still there every time we ride it.
Hey treva I have been super confident in the ability of this thing since the few mods I've done but this has taken me aback a bit.I should have gone back for a look for oil or something on the road but was in a bit of a twirl at the time.There were two cars behind us at the time that stayed on the road and gave a toot as they went past us, probably thanks for the stunt show we gave them! Alright for them no centre tyre or nanny to contend with.
Warranty is still running (phew) wouldn't want to pay for a lets throw some parts at it party for this investigation.
Reading through some other stuff on this sort of trick someone mentioned the steering angle sensor as a possible variable.Mine wasn't checked on Buds at the wheel alignment so don't know if that can play a part,bike has never cancelled the indicators properly is that a connection of any sort? I did ask the tech at the dealers if it needed setting at a wheel alignment (which i performed myself because no one has any equipment or knowledge where I live)and he said not important no need to bring it in although other comments say yes should be checked so conflicting messages there, I'm going to have them check it if I can get back there tomorrow.
Thing is our Spyders are as safe as houses long as you don't invoke nanny but where's the fun in that! My F3 takes a fair bit to get her angry normally and this particular corner was no worse that the previous thousand it had devoured which is the worrying part.