Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by h0gr1der View Post
    That's one thing that Spyderpops told me as he was installing my Baja Ron bar. I had initially thought of keeping it, he mentioned don't give it to the F3 guys, it would end badly. I decided to leave it there as it wouldn't fit in the frunk.
    Harvey is good friends with Ron and he is trying to promote Ron's business.

Ron's sway bar is fantastic and I put it on my wife's old ST Limited, but if you can't afford his sway bar, then a 2014+ RT sway bar works great on the F3. The two I got were free from people that put on the BajaRon sway bar on their RT.

The sway bar from Ron is a better bar and it is stronger. For most people, though, a RT bar is more than good enough.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bscrive View Post
    Harvey is good friends with Ron and he is trying to promote Ron's business.

Ron's sway bar is fantastic and I put it on my wife's old ST Limited, but if you can't afford his sway bar, then a 2014+ RT sway bar works great on the F3. The two I got were free from people that put on the BajaRon sway bar on their RT.

The sway bar from Ron is a better bar and it is stronger. For most people, though, a RT bar is more than good enough.
    What did you use for hiem links?
    2017 F3 Limited
    2017 F3 Limited , Lamonster Black Dymond brake pedal with brake rod at #5 Pure Magnesium Metallic

Spyder Garage

Got to say the same about the RT bar as said above - got one on mine and it's great. Improved handling a lot and it was free (from an owner on here) with the matching blocks. I can't imagine drilling out the smaller F3 blocks was a good idea

As for the drop links I left the standard plastic ones on. The owner gave me the RT ones with the bar (as he had gone for Baja Ron with metal links) and when I compared them it turned out they were the same as those already on the F3. It stands to reason that if the plastic links are strong enough for the RT with the RT bar they must be strong enough for the F3 with an RT bar. Been on mine 3 years and lots of spirited riding on terrible roads later they are fine.

Of course fitting a Baja Ron bar with the standard links may cause them to fail as the Ron bar will put more load through them than they are designed for.

I also have no doubt the Baja Ron bar + metal links would be better still than what I have now but they would have to be infinitely better to beat the price I paid
    | 2015 F3-S | Heated Grips | USB Ports | RAM X-Grip | RT Sway Bar | '2 Up' Rear Shock | SHAD Bag Kit | Oxford Aqua 50 Dry Bag | BRP Rider Backrest |

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by AY4B View Post
    What did you use for hiem links?
    I used the hiem links from the RT.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bcraig View Post
    I know the BajaRon sway bar has a good rep and I've installed one a a Ryker with excellent results. Just curious how the SpiderExtras Performance sway bar performs.
    I have a "17 F3 base model. Changed the sway bar for one from an Rt. Made a nice difference - however I have been really curious about the next upgrade.
    Finally decided to get one from Spider Extras - yes money is a factor.
    I can't comment on Baja Ron's bar but the one I purchased is definitely far superior to the RT bar I had. Best extra money that I have spent for upgrades.
    The Spyder definitely superior in handling to anything that I have ridden.
    Would recommend this to anyone !! Hard to believe the difference in curves and all around control.

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the feedback - you're the first review I've read from someone who's had stock F3 bar / RT Bar / and now full upgrade bar. Interesting to read what you thought.
    | 2015 F3-S | Heated Grips | USB Ports | RAM X-Grip | RT Sway Bar | '2 Up' Rear Shock | SHAD Bag Kit | Oxford Aqua 50 Dry Bag | BRP Rider Backrest |

Spyder Garage

Default I wish I had the ability to evaluate the "Seat of the Pants Performance"

That many on this Forum have mastered.
    2015 F3's , two 12 volt power outlets Orange & Black

Spyder Garage

BajaRon designed his links with high misalignment spherical bearings that do not require additional spacers. This is the correct way to design and build links. Those bearings are more expensive, but the best method for the application and follows typical industry practices, including oem.

The other brand does not use high misalignment spherical bearings. To compromise, they supply spacers to mimic obtaining high misalignment. Often when companies use this method, the spacers are not as robust against crushing forces from tightening the bolts and surviving the loads placed on them over time.

Besides lower cost, the installer or maintainer must know these spacers are mandatory. If accidentally lost or for whatever reason not installed, the link will bind on the bar without being tight, or, if the chassis end of the link, the frame tabs will be crushed and bent.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PMK View Post
    BajaRon designed his links with high misalignment spherical bearings that do not require additional spacers. This is the correct way to design and build links. Those bearings are more expensive, but the best method for the application and follows typical industry practices, including oem.

The other brand does not use high misalignment spherical bearings. To compromise, they supply spacers to mimic obtaining high misalignment. Often when companies use this method, the spacers are not as robust against crushing forces from tightening the bolts and surviving the loads placed on them over time.

Besides lower cost, the installer or maintainer must know these spacers are mandatory. If accidentally lost or for whatever reason not installed, the link will bind on the bar without being tight, or, if the chassis end of the link, the frame tabs will be crushed and bent.
    Why didn't BajaRon design the Ryker bar ends the same way? They use spacers, which implies using spacers is an acceptable practice and doesn't diminish the quality of the product.

Spyder Garage

Why didn't BajaRon design the Ryker bar ends the same way? They use spacers, which implies using spacers is an acceptable practice and doesn't diminish the quality of the product.
    I have gone to spacers on my end links now. Trunnion bearings, while easier to install, are a very rare bird. This makes them much more expensive to have made, and I had a difficult time getting exactly what I wanted at a price that was reasonable in this style bearing. Going to hard chrome steel spherical ball and chromoly head was only affordable if I went with the spherical ball. Doing this same bearing in a trunnion design would have cost 4 times as much.

While not idea. Spacers are an acceptable alternative.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

Ok, never installed a BajaRon Ryker swaybar.

I have dealt with similar designs on other applications. If using spacers on a non high misalignment bearing, the ideal design uses a larger ID ball, then the spacers are stepped and slip into the spherical bearings bore.

Proper design is more critical in single shear applications, but double shear is superior with wide spherical bearings or nested spacers.