Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default F3 BajaRon sway bar vs SpiderExtras Performance sway bar

I know the BajaRon sway bar has a good rep and I've installed one a a Ryker with excellent results. Just curious how the SpiderExtras Performance sway bar performs.

Spyder Garage

Default Well....

Have not seen any posts or threads about this swaybar. Will keep an eye on this thread to see if anyone here has or has heard of it...I do remember there was another swaybar back when but after Ron came on the seen with his I no longer saw the other aftermarket bar....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

I just had SpyderPops install the Baja Ron on my RTL. THe other brand looks cheaper, but I believe they do not include the end links in their price. I think it ends up being a wash in the end. I can say the Baja Ron bar is one of those things that makes you say "Why didn't I do this sooner"? That's for the RTL, which is kind of a barge. The F3 may be different.
    h0gr1der
    2018 RT Limited Blue/Chrome SE6 *Tri-Axis Bars*Adjustable Driver Backrest*175/55R15 Vredestein Front, 205/60R15 Vredestein Rear Tires*Baja Ron Front Spring Pre-Load Adjusters*Misty Mountain Sheepskin seat cover*Centramatic balancers *Garmin Zumo 595LM GPS*KOTT Grills*BajaRon swaybar*SpyderPops Alignment*Missing Belt guard*Magnetic Mirrors*Custom Rear Adjustable Shock*360° LED Headlights & Foglights*Progressive front fender turn signals
    States Visited on Less than 4 wheels.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by h0gr1der View Post
    I just had SpyderPops install the Baja Ron on my RTL. THe other brand looks cheaper, but I believe they do not include the end links in their price. I think it ends up being a wash in the end. I can say the Baja Ron bar is one of those things that makes you say "Why didn't I do this sooner"? That's for the RTL, which is kind of a barge. The F3 may be different.
    Can-Am Spyder F3 Performance Sway Bar Kit with Billet Aluminum End Links

Quote from website:
    "The Spyder Extras Sway Bar (Anti Sway Bar) kit is the perfect solution for the Spyder rider that would like to enhance their Spyder's handling abilities under aggressive riding. This Spyder F3 sway bar kit comes with an upgraded sway bar, Billet Aluminum End Links & replacement bushings"

$199.95

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bcraig View Post
    Can-Am Spyder F3 Performance Sway Bar Kit with Billet Aluminum End Links

Quote from website:
    "The Spyder Extras Sway Bar (Anti Sway Bar) kit is the perfect solution for the Spyder rider that would like to enhance their Spyder's handling abilities under aggressive riding. This Spyder F3 sway bar kit comes with an upgraded sway bar, Billet Aluminum End Links & replacement bushings"

$199.95
    Mr. bcraig,

I stand corrected, good catch. That's about $89 cheaper than the Baja Ron. When I was looking they did not include the ends as I remember it.
    h0gr1der
    2018 RT Limited Blue/Chrome SE6 *Tri-Axis Bars*Adjustable Driver Backrest*175/55R15 Vredestein Front, 205/60R15 Vredestein Rear Tires*Baja Ron Front Spring Pre-Load Adjusters*Misty Mountain Sheepskin seat cover*Centramatic balancers *Garmin Zumo 595LM GPS*KOTT Grills*BajaRon swaybar*SpyderPops Alignment*Missing Belt guard*Magnetic Mirrors*Custom Rear Adjustable Shock*360° LED Headlights & Foglights*Progressive front fender turn signals

Spyder Garage

"Why didn't I do this sooner"? That's for the RTL, which is kind of a barge. The F3 may be different.
    The F3 is no different. I installed a Baja Ron bar in the spring on my '15. As soon as I rolled out of the driveway and made my first 3 turns I thought dang, I should have done this waaaay sooner.

Spyder Garage

I dont think this discussion is allowed on this forum. Just sayin.
    2017 F3 Limited
    2017 F3 Limited , Lamonster Black Dymond brake pedal with brake rod at #5 Pure Magnesium Metallic

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by AY4B View Post
    I dont think this discussion is allowed on this forum. Just sayin.
    Why wouldn't be allowed. Nothing derogatory is being said about anyone or anything.

Spyder Garage

Why wouldn't be allowed. Nothing derogatory is being said about anyone or anything.
    Only the ************ brand is a Pitbull backed brand. Nothing wrong with the brand, I really like it. Its sorta like bringing up your X to your wife.
    The censoring of the name on this post proves my point.
    2017 F3 Limited
    2017 F3 Limited , Lamonster Black Dymond brake pedal with brake rod at #5 Pure Magnesium Metallic

Spyder Garage

Bill I know what you mean. Anyone discussing other manufacturers swaybays need to go to another non-bias Spyder Facebook Groups site to discuss the difference without offending anyone. I for one don’t want to get blocked from this site.
    Shooter
    972-467-8077

Spyder Garage

I am curious as to why you an't discuss other sway bars on here or is this forum only for the discussion of the sway bar everyone on here talks about?
    Thank you,
    Ray B.
    These are the states I have driven my Spyder Rt Limited too.

Mudflap -- Walmart
    Tricled Headlights and Fog lights -- valueaccessories.comRimsavers -- RimBladesUSA.com
    Showchrome Tiregard (TPMS) -- motorcycleid.com
    Front and side grilles -- CanAmSpyderAccessories
    Passenger arm rest -- Diamond R Accessories
    Rear axle caps -- Lamonster
    Magic Mirrors -- Lamonster
    Yellow and red running and blinker lights on fender --Show Chrome
    TRUNK-MOUNTED, DOUBLE FLAG HOLDER -- Rivco
    Rear Brake light for trunk -- Custom Dynamics
    Bumpskid w/led lights -- Spyderpops
    Seat cushion -- Airhawk
    Cup holders -- Drink2Go
    Ultragard-4-457BK-Black-Cover-Spyder -- Big Bike Parts

Spyder Garage

One is a quality product and sold with great customer support by a sponsor of this forum.

One is none of those things.

Cannot say much more.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
    One is a quality product and sold with great customer support by a sponsor of this forum.

One is none of those things.

Cannot say much more.
    They're both metal bars with 90 degree bends in them and use billet aluminum end links. Both are manufactured for the Spyder. I would rather not use spacers, but I used them with the BajaRom sway bar for the Ryker and didn't notice any problems other than installation issues. If performance is comparable, why pay $90 more for the name? Before I do that I want a performance reason to do so. That is why I came here asking for real world customer performance satisfaction. I'm not trying to disparage one brand or another. Like I said in my first comment, I had excellent results with the Ryker BajaRon sway bar. I would like to know user's results with the other bar.

canam-spyder-f3-upgraded-sway-bar-kit-spyderextras-265x265.jpgBajaRon__56112.1529087290.jpg

Spyder Garage

They're both metal bars with 90 degree bends in them and use billet aluminum end links. Both are manufactured for the Spyder. I would rather not use spacers, but I used them with the BajaRom sway bar for the Ryker and didn't notice any problems other than installation issues. If performance is comparable, why pay $90 more for the name? Before I do that I want a performance reason to do so. That is why I came here asking for real world customer performance satisfaction. I'm not trying to disparage one brand or another. Like I said in my first comment, I had excellent results with the Ryker BajaRon sway bar. I would like to know user's results with the other bar.

canam-spyder-f3-upgraded-sway-bar-kit-spyderextras-265x265.jpgBajaRon__56112.1529087290.jpg
    Thank you, I have the same questions you do and is why I asked my question.
    Thank you,
    Ray B.
    These are the states I have driven my Spyder Rt Limited too.

Mudflap -- Walmart
    Tricled Headlights and Fog lights -- valueaccessories.comRimsavers -- RimBladesUSA.com
    Showchrome Tiregard (TPMS) -- motorcycleid.com
    Front and side grilles -- CanAmSpyderAccessories
    Passenger arm rest -- Diamond R Accessories
    Rear axle caps -- Lamonster
    Magic Mirrors -- Lamonster
    Yellow and red running and blinker lights on fender --Show Chrome
    TRUNK-MOUNTED, DOUBLE FLAG HOLDER -- Rivco
    Rear Brake light for trunk -- Custom Dynamics
    Bumpskid w/led lights -- Spyderpops
    Seat cushion -- Airhawk
    Cup holders -- Drink2Go
    Ultragard-4-457BK-Black-Cover-Spyder -- Big Bike Parts

Spyder Garage

I agree wit bcraig… we live in a democracy and should be able to discuss any spyder products here for comparison..even if 1 manufacturer sponsers the site.... it doesn't make the non sponsor product a bad product. I myself have the Bajaron swaybar fitted... and its excellent! .. But im also open to opinions about any other similar product for my spyder from any manufacturer.

Spyder Garage

Because when you have diffeculty with a worn component or installation glitch, Bajaron will take care of things pronto. The other guys are NOT known for quick and efficient help. Just excuses. Rons support here is got to be worth something as well. Been here answering questions with great detail for years.

Lastly, I am likely one of the few folks that has held and installed both. There are significant quality differences when you compare them. There is a reason ALL of the major Spyder accessories and install shops stick with the BajaRon bar.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
    Because when you have diffeculty with a worn component or installation glitch, Bajaron will take care of things pronto. The other guys are NOT known for quick and efficient help. Just excuses. Rons support here is got to be worth something as well. Been here answering questions with great detail for years.

Lastly, I am likely one of the few folks that has held and installed both. There are significant quality differences when you compare them. There is a reason ALL of the major Spyder accessories and install shops stick with the BajaRon bar.
    Thank you for the constructive comparison. Was there any significant performance differences between the bars?

I do agree quality of the product and customer supports warrants additional cost. I guess it's just a matter of deciding to what extent a person is willing to pay more and how much.

Thanks again for your input.

Spyder Garage

Thank you for the constructive comparison. Was there any significant performance differences between the bars?

I do agree quality of the product and customer supports warrants additional cost. I guess it's just a matter of deciding to what extent a person is willing to pay more and how much.

Thanks again for your input.
    Ron's customer support, Priceless!!!
    2014 RT-Ltd , Cognac

Spyder Garage

Both my wife and I own our own 2017 F3 Limited. Mine has a Baha Ron Sway bar and Hers has the spider extras. I installed both of them. The owner of S E sway bar sent me one for free just to compare. I dont ride my wifes Spyder very often but the few times I have, I was very impressed. Thats not taking any thing away from the Baja Ron Bar The only thing I noticed on my BR is the links got rusted and I had to brake them loose and spray some WD40. We both also have elka shocks. She also commented on the improvement in handling. Her Spyder was purchased used and had the SE links and RT sway bar. All I did was replace the RT sway bar with the SE sway bar.
    2017 F3 Limited

Spyder Garage

By visual inspection, the RT sway bar and the SE sway bar looked the same except for the color. The Performance was a big improvement. The only other difference in our spyders is she rides in the #4 position and I ride in the #5 position, but can still ride hers fine. The Stock sway bar is a lot smaller in diameter of the steel rod. Also we both have Lamonster gripper floorboards, So the footing is the same.
    2017 F3 Limited

Spyder Garage

Not only is Baja Ron's customer focus outstanding, his bar is made in the USA. Where is the other bar made?
    h0gr1der

Spyder Garage

Not only is Baja Ron's customer focus outstanding, his bar is made in the USA. Where is the other bar made?
    The owner lives in Jonesboro AR , I couldn't tell you where they are made. Im not saying which is better, We both have more Lamonster Garage accessories than most any one here so I my opinion is my own. I am not a dealer in any products or do installs either. I am aware of the earlier pit bull F3 spyders that were sold with RT swaybars and that did not go well.
    2017 F3 Limited

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by AY4B View Post
    The owner lives in Jonesboro AR , I couldn't tell you where they are made. Im not saying which is better, We both have more Lamonster Garage accessories than most any one here so I my opinion is my own. I am not a dealer in any products or do installs either. I am aware of the earlier pit bull F3 spyders that were sold with RT swaybars and that did not go well.
    That's one thing that Spyderpops told me as he was installing my Baja Ron bar. I had initially thought of keeping it, he mentioned don't give it to the F3 guys, it would end badly. I decided to leave it there as it wouldn't fit in the frunk.
    h0gr1der

Spyder Garage

That's one thing that Spyderpops told me as he was installing my Baja Ron bar. I had initially thought of keeping it, he mentioned don't give it to the F3 guys, it would end badly. I decided to leave it there as it wouldn't fit in the frunk.
    Yes I have a friend that bought an F3 Limited from Pit Bull and was having handling issues. He was told when he purchaced it that they put an "upgraded sway bar". He also took it to SpyderPops. The showed him that it had a RT sway bar, and the plastic bushings that hold it were drilled out for it to fit. They (Spyderpops) replaced it with a Baha Ron Sway bar and the problem was solved. Pit Bull doesn't do that any more now that Spider Extras has come out with the full bar and link kit. If any of you bought your Spyder from Pit Bull, I would make sure you were not fitted with an RT sway bar. My wifes Spyder was purchased there and it had Spider Extras Hiem Links and a RT sway bar. When I replaced the RT bar with the new SE bar it made a huge difference.
    2017 F3 Limited

Spyder Garage

I put on a RT sway bar from my buddies RT on my wife's current F3 Limited. She hasn't had any problems. It works great. Definitely better than the original.

I also put on a RT bar on her old F3S. She had that for 4 years without any problems. You just need to change the links and put in the RT bushings as well.

So, the people that say you can't do it are full of crap.