Spyder Garage

Default Not matter of if but when

So last night after running to the gas station real quick to fill my ryker up before my 3 wheel endorsement class today. The vehicle in front of me when pulling out decided for some reason to back up and hit me ( i was a full car length behind him) putting my left wheel under his bumper. i was able to ride my bike home but under visual inspection under good lights in my shop there are some serious issues the a-arm appears to be bent the sway bar looks bent the fender is broken and the tire is toed out now. After talking to the service dept at my dealership my riding season is most likely over. Will know a lot more on monday when they get it towed up to the shop and have it looked over. Less than 500 miles on it i am so angry about the entire situation considering i waited for almost 2 months to get it to begin with.

SpyderLovers Sponsor
    Spyder Garage

Oh, that really sucks! I hope you got the driver’s information so they can pay.

2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

sorry to hear about this... Does your service department not have the parts to fix your ryker?

Spyder Garage

Please keep us posted. Sorry to hear about the accident.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by delkhouri View Post
    sorry to hear about this... Does your service department not have the parts to fix your ryker?
    Doesn't work that way anymore. No dealer who watches cash flow will stock parts for so many different bikes. In many instances you'll be lucky if they stock push pins.

Identify what you have control over and find peace with what you don't.

Spyder Garage

I feel your pain. I was driving home with my brand new Ryker Rally from the dealer and the guy that was in the lane next to me decided he wanted my lane. There was no car length room between me and the one in front of me and this guy was traveling directly next to me. He was on his cell phone and didn't give a **** if anyone else was on the road or not. He just came over, forcing me to slam on my brakes to avoid him. I have since changed my horn after hearing the embarrassing little anemic beep that issued from punching my horn button with all my 240lbs. It was my first ride home from the dealer and I immediately sent out a prayer that I might have a few more days of fun on my Ryker before sending it (and maybe me) to the cycle graveyard in the sky. Texting is illegal in many states while driving, but apparently holding up the cell phone and blindly talking to someone while running others off the road is not yet a crime.

Spyder Garage

In Washington state distracted driving can get you the same ticket as D.U.I. However since we were in a parking lot the police only did an exchange of information no ticket or police report. I did hear from the claims agent but only so he could tell me they were waiting on a proof of rental agreement before they could proceed.

Spyder Garage

And they'll likely argue that you shouldn't have been there on a motorcycle without a license, so it'll be your fault.....wouldn't surprise me a bit!!!!
    2021 RT Limited

2016 RTS , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

i have the legal learners permit allowing me to drive my ryker on the road. But iam sure that is one of the first things they will look at.

Spyder Garage

Have the dealer look at the frame where the A-arms attach. If those are bent, you have a bent frame and the bike will be totaled. The good news in this situation is the claim is faster to process and you will be riding again soon rather than dealing with repairs. Sure hope the gut that hit you had insurance.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

He had insurance he was driving a rental car because he totaled his car last week while driving on his cell phone. The best part he is a professor of law at Gonzaga, just goes to show all the brains in the world does not mean you have one ounce of common sense.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dklehman View Post
    He had insurance he was driving a rental car because he totaled his car last week while driving on his cell phone. The best part he is a professor of law at Gonzaga, just goes to show all the brains in the world does not mean you have one ounce of common sense.

Spyder Garage

I'm thinkin the professor is gonna be insurance shopping soon. Good luck
    2021 RT Limited

2016 RTS , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

So after a month the dealership and insurance agent finally got their estimate to me and it was all cosmetic damage under 1000 dollars. The frustrating part it the dealership had my ryker for about a month and charged one hour for the estimate. I think it is time to find a new dealer. I did receive a decent check for my inconvenience so i ordered and installed my Baja Ron sway bar and have a set of stage 3 Elka shocks on the way. I am loving the way the bike handles with the new sway bar. Took the wife and i under 2 hours for the install.

Spyder Garage

Good to hear things are resolved and you are back to riding.
    David Petrick
    Certified Professional Photographer
    2020 Limited Dark , Magma Red Black