Spyder Garage

Default Base model ryker became $11.3k

How long do you all think it will be until dealerships will actually discount them some? I already hate buying new because of documents fee. Transport fee and whatever else they can come up with fee.

Spyder Garage

Buy a top of the line Ryker for less than a base Ryker from this Spyderlover in Florida instead. Less than 10 miles on it. Avoid all the other fees too, except sales tax and registration fees in SC.

https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...rally-for-sale

Spyder Garage

Come to Minnesota and I will make you a Heck of a Deal on a Pair of Rykers.... .... Click on the Link. https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/c...948527367.html
    2019 900 Rally , Black

Spyder Garage

Seems the hype has worn off for many, I know it has for me. Fun while it lasted though. I have a Rally in Kansas for sale but I wont give it away. Lots of extras on mine.

Spyder Garage

The one in Florida has been sold

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Stridersr7 View Post
    How long do you all think it will be until dealerships will actually discount them some? I already hate buying new because of documents fee. Transport fee and whatever else they can come up with fee.
    when you say base model... are you saying that the 600cc ryker ended up being $11,300 out the door?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Stridersr7 View Post
    The one in Florida has been sold
    to you?

Spyder Garage

Add on fees like freight, doc fees, set up fees...ARE ALWAYS NEGOTIABLE. I have only paid doc fees on all five of my Spyders. The others were negotiated away. And my doc fees were $50 ballpark. Some get away with $250 or more.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

The only fees one should consider paying are the taxes, license and registration fees. The delivery, setup and other BS/markup fees are pure profit. All new vehicles are sold to dealers well below the MSRP in order to cover destination and setup costs...

Spyder Garage

Florida has one of the highest "document" fees. Right now they know how fast the Ryker is selling so they won't give you any deal. I went to a couple of dealers and they have a hard time keeping them. As fast as they uncrate them and put them together, they are out the door. Spiders on the other hand, they will deal and negotiate with you. NC has a low document fee, but I don't know if they are selling up there or not. So, if they are not selling that fast, maybe they will give you a deal. Florida knows they don't have to deal. If the customer does not want to buy, someone else will. I am usually pretty good at getting "deals" but this time I had to bite my tongue and pay the man or walk out the door without my Ryker. I wanted a Ryker. At least they threw in a T shirt and helmet Regardless of paying full price, the Ryker is still a good deal.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MDLNB View Post
    Florida has one of the highest "document" fees. Right now they know how fast the Ryker is selling so they won't give you any deal. I went to a couple of dealers and they have a hard time keeping them. As fast as they uncrate them and put them together, they are out the door. Spiders on the other hand, they will deal and negotiate with you. NC has a low document fee, but I don't know if they are selling up there or not. So, if they are not selling that fast, maybe they will give you a deal. Florida knows they don't have to deal. If the customer does not want to buy, someone else will. I am usually pretty good at getting "deals" but this time I had to bite my tongue and pay the man or walk out the door without my Ryker. I wanted a Ryker. At least they threw in a T shirt and helmet Regardless of paying full price, the Ryker is still a good deal.
    In Oregon, we pay $425 - $500 for title, license and registration on a new vehicles. We don't have a sales tax, but we do have an Oregon "Privilege" tax of .5% on vehicle purchases (yes, that's what they call it). So, you're looking at an extra $475 - $550 in fees over MSRP. Most dealers want $300 - $500 for "setup and delivery" fees.

When the Ryker first came out, I bought my wife one for MSRP + taxes, license and registration. The dealer include some premium panels for free and all accessories at a 20% discount. It was a cash deal , so there was no money to be made off the back end...

Spyder Garage

When I went to the Ryker event in Los Angeles, there were two salespeople from Del Amo Motorsports who explained that it would be an extra dealer surcharge of about $3500 to buy a base model (that's approaching half the cost of the Ryker). They were out of their mind, and I hate to think how many future ryders walked because BRP just had one dealer at the event (and there are several within a 50 mile radius).

Historically, there are always great deals on Spyders after September.

EDIT: That $3500, as I recall, didn't even include the setup or other real charges - this was just a dealer markup on the sticker.
    2020 RT Limited in the ultra cool Deep Marsala Dark edition.

Baja Ron Anti-Sway Bar, LED reflectors, Lamonster USB Charger (and phone mount), Can-Am Low Windshield, X-Creen Tour Variable Windscreen Spoiler Blade, Power Commander, Dilithium powered Flux Capacitor (not yet fully functional).
    Maintained by Lou at Pirate Powersports.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MRH View Post
    When I went to the Ryker event in Los Angeles, there were two salespeople from Del Amo Motorsports who explained that it would be an extra dealer surcharge of about $3500 to buy a base model (that's approaching half the cost of the Ryker). <snip>
    Hooo-boy! I saw a local dealer had an optioned-out 900 Ryker tagged at $13,000... but that $3,500 profit markup takes my breath away!

Spyder Garage

I have almost $13k in my Rally with options, it adds up quick. And I installed everything myself.

Spyder Garage

I just posted about this but I just went to look at a ryker rally that was slightly used and had the comfort seat top case and windscreen and the dealer wanted $15995 for it plus tax and doc fees

Spyder Garage

Come to Kansas City I will sell you my Rally with tons of accessories for $12k with less than 500 miles on it
    Windshield
    Driver Comfort seat
    Passenger Comfort seat
    Tall Passenger backrest
    Tank Bag
    Upgraded Sway Bar
    Lamonster fog light kit
    Outdoor CanAm Cover

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by delkhouri View Post
    I just posted about this but I just went to look at a ryker rally that was slightly used and had the comfort seat top case and windscreen and the dealer wanted $15995 for it plus tax and doc fees
    At that price, you should start looking at a one year leftover Spyder.
    2011 RTS (Sold to a very nice lady)
    1998 Honda Valkyrie
    2006 Mustang GT. Varooooom!
    US Navy Veteran
    SC Law Enforcement Boat Captain
    CNC Machine Service Technician
    President: Rolling Thunder SC1
    Member: Disabled American Veterans, Rock Hill, SC
    Member: American Legion
    Experience is recognizing the same mistake every time you make it!