Spyder Garage

Default 2015 F3-S SE6, how easy to change ergos?

I'm going to look at a used 2015 F3-S SE6 tomorrow morning. The seller is shorter than me. I'm 6'2". He's 5'9". He said that the dealer set the bike up for him (handlebar and footpeg positions).

Question: Is it expensive to change the handlebar position and the footpeg position to fit me? My understanding is that different linkage is needed when adjusting the footpeg position. Is it something that I could easily do myself after purchasing the parts? Does moving the handlbars require any additional parts?
    Current Motorcycles: 6 BMWs, 1 Kaw, 1 Suzuki

Spyder Garage

Yes you can as I just did both. You will need the brake linkage $20 or $30 bucks can't remember and the Handlebars are $150. You may find you like the closer bars as I am 6' and like the short reach bars. I will make you a great deal on mid reach bars if you want them.

You are looking at 1 to 2 hours even if you are not mechanically inclined. I am in a wheelchair and had just a little over an hour on those changes.

Regards,
    Tim

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Alwaysonwheels View Post
    Yes you can as I just did both. You will need the brake linkage $20 or $30 bucks can't remember and the Handlebars are $150. You may find you like the closer bars as I am 6' and like the short reach bars. I will make you a great deal on mid reach bars if you want them.

You are looking at 1 to 2 hours even if you are not mechanically inclined. I am in a wheelchair and had just a little over an hour on those changes.

Regards,
    Tim
    Thank you. I'm going to see the bike tomorrow morning so I will find out how well I fit on it.

Spyder Garage

Best of luck and hope it is everything you want it to be. The F3 is fantastic.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Alwaysonwheels View Post
    Best of luck and hope it is everything you want it to be. The F3 is fantastic.
    Thanks.

It's funny. I've never ridden a three-wheeler of any kind in my 51 years of riding. No trike, no bike+sidecar, and no Spyder. Hopefully, if I buy it, I can drive it home without killing myself.

(Well, I did have a tricycle as a child.)

Spyder Garage

Hey Captain, Well I hope you are now the proud owner of an F3S. I picked mine up last Saturday and am really enjoying the ride of the F3. I am not sure about the change up, I am trying to get used to it as it is and them will decide if I need to change the fit. Good luck on yours.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RosieriderKY View Post
    Hey Captain, Well I hope you are now the proud owner of an F3S. I picked mine up last Saturday and am really enjoying the ride of the F3. I am not sure about the change up, I am trying to get used to it as it is and them will decide if I need to change the fit. Good luck on yours.
    Congratulations! Start a "first ride" thread and tell us all about it.

I went to see it today and the pegs and handlebar fit me just fine. I told the seller that I would think about it and call him tomorrow. I'm not sure if I will buy it. I have a storage problem: The Spyder takes up the same room as two motorcycles. Decisions, decisions.