Spyder Garage

Default MY F3s Spyder only did 169 mile with one bar left, is this normal?

Last time, I fulled tank my F3s 2017 Daytona, and was always on normal mode until gas went down to one bar left. I got to only 169 mile. I usually do 85% local road, and 10-15% highway. I always see a lot of you guys have done 245-260 miles on one full tank. Would like to know if my spyder normal? my odometer read 1147.

thank you.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jwill View Post
    Last time, I fulled tank my F3s 2017 Daytona, and was always on normal mode until gas went down to one bar left. I got to only 169 mile. I usually do 85% local road, and 10-15% highway. I always see a lot of you guys have done 245-260 miles on one full tank. Would like to know if my spyder normal? my odometer read 1147.

thank you.
    I get 35-40 mpg on my 2019 F3 base model in eco mode. I use 93 octane gas.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bcraig View Post
    I get 35-40 mpg on my 2019 F3 base model in eco mode. I use 93 octane gas.
    wow you are doing really really good. when you do full tank how many gallon did it say at the pump?

Spyder Garage

My problem is after i fill up (pump shuts off) i am still one tick from full. This happens every time and no matter where i gas up at. I am scared to override because i don't want gas spilled all over my ryde. (i did this once) anyone else having this issue

Spyder Garage

My understanding is the gearing is different on the S Models. I have a Daytona with low miles and I usually stop at 150 miles and put roughly 5 gallons in so 30mpg. I'm not seeing anywhere close to 35-40mpg, but it seems the bike needs to completely break in or something as my mileage is slowly creeping up. I run 93 octane and have even tried 93 ethanol free gas with little change..

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bottomline2000 View Post
    My understanding is the gearing is different on the S Models. I have a Daytona with low miles and I usually stop at 150 miles and put roughly 5 gallons in so 30mpg. I'm not seeing anywhere close to 35-40mpg, but it seems the bike needs to completely break in or something as my mileage is slowly creeping up. I run 93 octane and have even tried 93 ethanol free gas with little change..
    I think you may be right about gearing or mode selection. I've got 1300 miles on my base model and have been getting those results all along. I did add cruise control and use it when ever possible just to stay within speed limit. I haven't tried a full tank in standard mode. I did notice the specs rate the base model at 105 hp, while all other models are at 115 hp. Since they are the same engines, I suspect the tuning is leaner on the base model.

Spyder Garage

thank you.
    I think what you have to do is figure out what your mileage REALLY is not this got one bar left stuff! Fill it up reset your trip meter and ride then refill to the same level in your tank and do the math. Then come back and let us know what your getting for mileage!
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bottomline2000 View Post
    I think we are in the pretty same situation. So Now I think I just have to break it in more.

Thank you

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    I think what you have to do is figure out what your mileage REALLY is not this got one bar left stuff! Fill it up reset your trip meter and ride then refill to the same level in your tank and do the math. Then come back and let us know what your getting for mileage!
    Yes, I did fill it all the way up and reset the trip, driven it intil the gas Led was up and it has one bar showing then I took it to the gas station because I dont want it to ran out of gas, and the checking the trip It has shown 169 mi.

Spyder Garage

Default Ahh..! MPG's

There is a lot to read here on that subject.... Step one... fill the tank, to get it to full you may have to hold the cover back. Not all nozzels are the same and you need to see the level. On my RS I can do this till I see the bubbling at the vent ring. Now however you do this you have to do the same each time. Once full ryde until the warning light comes on (you will still have over a gallon left) then head to the station and refill and do the math. There are a lot of factors effecting the outcome but trying to do similar rydes will get you the mileage you are getting. You will get to be like me (perhaps) and not care any longer as it is not that important and just ryde 100/150 miles and get tanked up, streched out and hydrated as you go down the road....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    There is a lot to read here on that subject.... Step one... fill the tank, to get it to full you may have to hold the cover back. Not all nozzels are the same and you need to see the level. On my RS I can do this till I see the bubbling at the vent ring. Now however you do this you have to do the same each time. Once full ryde until the warning light comes on (you will still have over a gallon left) then head to the station and refill and do the math. There are a lot of factors effecting the outcome but trying to do similar rydes will get you the mileage you are getting. You will get to be like me (perhaps) and not care any longer as it is not that important and just ryde 100/150 miles and get tanked up, streched out and hydrated as you go down the road....
    FACTS. I just want to make sure my spyder is acting up right, and now I can ryde it with no worry.

SpyderLovers Sponsor
    Spyder Garage

There is nothing wrong with your Spyder, when you fill let the pump click off, then insert the nozzle in about 1” and pump till it clicks off again.

2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

My thoughts exactly. I'm not trying to miser the thing and get 50mpg but I do want to get a feel for how the engine is running and if its freeing up. The same guys who don't care about mileage will be the ones with their bike in the shop because they had no clue it had started running bad until something fails..I track my mileage, but I also keep my spyder in the left lane lol.

Girard OH (summer) Greenville SC (winter)
    Spyder Garage

It will improve as you stack on miles and parts "set" in. with 13K on the clock I get 200/tank on 87 octane usually. On the highway more, up to 230. Stop and go kills mileage.
    Personally, I don't care about mpg. it is what it is and what it's going to be. It's a recreational vehicle.
    to see my 2016 F3-T and many how to's
    2016 F3-T SE6 Roadster , Extended brake pedal for which I drilled out the brake rod yolk to lower it and added spacers to lift it slightly Black/Grey

Spyder Garage

Yes, I did fill it all the way up and reset the trip, driven it intil the gas Led was up and it has one bar showing then I took it to the gas station because I dont want it to ran out of gas, and the checking the trip It has shown 169 mi.
    But what is your miles per gallon? When you say you filled up after 169 miles, how many gallons did it take to fill up? After filling up what does your miles to empty show?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post

If you really want to get a feel for your overall mileage, log your miles and gallons used over a thousand miles of riding. Then you'll get a good picture of actual MPG. Which will come in very handy when on a trip and stations are few, and far between.

Identify what you have control over and find peace with what you don't.

Spyder Garage

Filled up today after a 196.4 mile group ride yesterday. Took 4.9 gallons. Eco mode and 93 octane. Miles to empty reads 266. 1560 miles on the bike.

Spyder Garage

....I track my mileage, but I also keep my spyder in the left lane lol.
    Biggest factor is how you ride...

We fueled in Las Vegas, NM this morning with premium- 2016 F3T and 2015 RT and stayed in the Right Lane with the cruise set at 72 mph except for a few slower moving vehicles.

Fueled in Pueblo with 212 miles 5.3 gals each and probably a little tail wind. My RT had just lit the low fuel light, I was running 3600 RPM on the RT and wifes F3T was at 4050 RPM....both with 50,000 miles +
    Your mileage will vary.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 08-11-2019 at 10:19 PM. Reason: Las V, NM
    07 Shadows, Aero, Spirit gone but not forgotten
    03 Harley Sportster, 07 RK moved on
    11 RT- 76,000 mi, 15 RT-S- 44,000 mi, traded for current 15 base RT and 16 F3T
    2015 RT , OEM Black Gloss

Girard OH (summer) Greenville SC (winter)
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bcraig View Post
    Filled up today after a 196.4 mile group ride yesterday. Took 4.9 gallons. Eco mode and 93 octane. Miles to empty reads 266. 1560 miles on the bike.
    Check your mileage when you have a comma after the second ODO digit. 1560 is nothing, 15,600 will show a big difference.
    to see my 2016 F3-T and many how to's
    2016 F3-T SE6 Roadster , Extended brake pedal for which I drilled out the brake rod yolk to lower it and added spacers to lift it slightly Black/Grey

Spyder Garage

It is normal with everyone. When you fill up check how many gallons you just put in. It should say a little more than 5 gallons. Your tank holds 7.1 gallons. Do the math.
    2017 F3 Limited
    2017 F3 Limited , Lamonster Black Dymond brake pedal with brake rod at #5 Pure Magnesium Metallic

Spyder Garage

The F3 gets much better gas mileage than my 2008 GS did but I never cared on the GS and I don’t care on the F3. That is not what I bought this for, I purchased both my Spyders to “ride ‘em like I stole ‘em” not to get good gas mileage. Smiles per mile is what I am after and I get them with the F3.

Very Happy Spyder Guy
    The 2015 F3 has over 46,000 miles
    Have Spyder...Will Travel