Thread: RS Fog Lights

Spyder Garage

Default RS Fog Lights

My headlights were already upgraded to LED prior to purchase. I just changed the fender front marker lights to LED and the difference is awesome. Now the fog lights look yellow and dull. If they work better or even the same that is alright. I'm most concerned about being seen in day and in dark. Has anyone upgraded the BRP fog lamps to LED's? Without taking skins off... not sure of bulb size. I think it is an H8. Thanks for the help, people. This is the go-to site for anything and everything Spyder! (2010 RS)

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by WisconsinDavid View Post
    My headlights were already upgraded to LED prior to purchase. I just changed the fender front marker lights to LED and the difference is awesome. Now the fog lights look yellow and dull. If they work better or even the same that is alright. I'm most concerned about being seen in day and in dark. Has anyone upgraded the BRP fog lamps to LED's? Without taking skins off... not sure of bulb size. I think it is an H8. Thanks for the help, people. This is the go-to site for anything and everything Spyder! (2010 RS)
    Well LED fog lights will be brighter and white ….. on the RT they are very difficult to swap ( no room for hands ) …. generally speaking because they will be of lower wattage they won't compare to your LED headlights ……. As far as being seen I don't think they will improve the SEE-ABILITY of the4 Spyder …. ask yourself this - what's more visible / noticeable than a Fire Truck on a Run …. nothing and yet they still get HIT. Defensive driving is better than thinking you are more visible …. good luck …. Mike

Spyder Garage

I agree, Mike, the best thing is to ride defensively. Its worth more than anything else on a bike. I ride like I have a big neon, flashing target on me. Still, I am more aware than I used to be of trying to stand out against the background ... not wearing all black, like in my Harley days/daze. My friends noted my Spyder is not as "lit up" when they look at me in their mirrors, until the high beams are on. I just want to make myself as visible as possible, to not be the backdrop in someone's attention... or at least to try to avoid that. I ride seldom at night, so the white/brightness of all the lights are helpful for daytime hours, with the smaller silhouette we cast on our Spyders.

Spyder Garage

I changed out my heads and fogs.. it is a bare on my RTs 15 loosened the back front fender skirts,, and squeesed them in and out ttthhhee left one was the worst because the air cleaner tube is rite in the way;; i mean in the way.. but brp has a forgiving plastic in the panels... now this summer i have had 3 diffrent bikers one State patrol ! one city cop ! and 4 automobil drivers, stop to and tell me my running lites are not working!!! and they ar correct.. as for in the brite sunny days they ar too clear .. we hit the west again this year lots of mountain riding montana wyoming colarado and south dakota 6500 mls and at resturants an over looks and on hyy 90 and hwy 25 we got stoped by 2 cops and other out look viewers seemed like every 5 to 600 mls some one would confront us about our lights not being on But they ar so brite and clear its miss leading.. so good luck thinking the leds help .. because with 25000 miles previous with the standard yellow looking lites we wer never stoped about the lites not being on. Good luck