Spyder Garage

Default Locked parking brake does it record on computer?

Well I had the dreaded parking brake lock in and wouldn't deactivate when the button on dash was pushed down at a gas station. No big deal I read about this many times on various forums. Took out the 12MM loosened the front nut, loosened the back nut and removed the spring and all was good as in driving. The 400 miles of constant beeping was very irritating but I just played the music louder. To get to the point I took it to the local dealer. Of course the explanation point was clearly lite up and constant, not blinking, the entire time after it occurred and the loud constant beeping. About 1/2 mile from the dealer the darn explanation light went out and the beeping stopped. When I pulled into the dealer I shut it down, chocked the tire went in told them about it and they said no problem they can fix it, its still under warranty. When the mechanic came out and looked at it, the darn parking brake engaged and disengaged with the switch. He said it is probably low brake fluid, I raised the seat and said nope, says full already checked, He said there is probably dust in the switch so he'd look it over and clean it. I asked, can't he just hook it up to the computer and see what error it was? If the motor switch failed or the dash switch failed it should record that on the computer.He said it would not show up on the computer it not part of the engine. I Would think that would show up. Does it or is he just giving me the runaround? Then next closed dealer is 1.5 hours away. Its a 2017 RT limited with 3400 miles.

Spyder Garage

First low brake fluid has nothing to do with the parking brake. If it had happened that would have been in the occured list of fault codes. Depending the context it was said may question the techs skill level.

Depending on why the parking would not work. There may or may not be a fault code generated. Has nothing to do with if it is an engine fault or not.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

All error codes are stored in the ECM on the bike. A dealer if he knew what he was doing could hook up Buds to your bike and find the problem. Time to look for another dealer.

2017 F3 Limited in Intense Red Pearl

2008 Triumph Rocket (SOLD)

2002 Honda VTX 1800 C ( SOLD)

2014 Triumph Thunderbird Commander

Spyder Garage

I am not real confident in this tech in all honesty after talking with him. I have never met him before or have never had the dealer do any work. there is only one tech, it is a small dealership. I have owned many skidoo’s, outlanders and mavericks and always did my own work and never had any reasons ro warrenty work needed. I dropped it off last night about 20 minutes before they closed and he said he’d look at it today and hook it up to the computer but didn’t think it would register any codes. The next closed dealer is 1.5 hours away so I will wait and see. I think i will get a set of Magic mirrors so if this happens again I can remove the mirror, deflectors, and right side panel and physically see the switch. I was 400 miles away and it was about to pour down rain so I wanted to get home. Got home yesterday afternoon cleaned her out and took her over.

Spyder Garage

Read this: mine is still working just fine.

https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...ng-Brake-again
    2018 Spyder RT Limited
    Asphalt Gray
    Can Am Passenger Armrests
    Can Am Comfort Seat
    Spyder Accessories Floating Footpegs
    Utopia Driver Backrest
    Bajaron Sway Bar
    Sena 20s Bluetooth
    Lidlocks Helmet Holders
    F4 Tall and Wide Tinted Windshield
    Fobo Tire Monitor
    Lamonster Spyderdock Cell Phone Holder
    Sheepskin Seat Cover
    Drink2Go Cup Holders
    Magic Mirror
    Can Am Trailer Hitch
    Missing Belt Guard

Wish List - LED Headlights and Fog lights

SpyderLovers Sponsor
    Spyder Garage

The tech needs to get on BOSSWeb and read about the issue. It is a common problem on the 18 & 19’s.

2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage
    2021 RT LTD Petrol Blue DARK delivered 9/22/20
    New Engine @ 500 miles 4/8/21 - 5/21 due to oil leak in block
    https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...400-miles-HELP
    2018 RT-L , Blue

Spyder Garage

The dealership was closed on Monday so they looked it over yesterday. No codes, reattached the parking brake, re flashed the entire system and charged me $89.00. I asked if they cleaned the micro switch. He said it looked clean no damage. I will be picking it up this morning so I will be able to tell if he actually removed the mirror to open the side panel. Service head said since there was no manufacture defect they had to charge me. Well why would I disconnect the brake it it did't fail? HMMMMM. We'll have to watch and see. My guess is it won't do it again this season and come next spring it will act up since the warranty runs out. I do have the BEST 3 more years but thats $50 copay. Right now there is no copay.