Thread: Ryker For Life

Spyder Garage

Default Ryker For Life

So, I've come to the conclusion that I like the Ryker more than the Spyder. To me the Ryker feels more like a motorcycle while the Spyder feels more like a car. The only Spyder experience I have is a 2018 F3T

I know the Ryker is supposed to be an entry level bike to get people to buy them but I hope when 2023 comes around that they make a Ryker model that is more comfortable for long rides. i love my Rally and I would rather stick with the Ryker line but I do love the comfort and cruise control that the Spyder can offer

What are your feelings on the Ryker vs Spyder and what would you like to see the Ryker evolve into?

Spyder Garage

Default Relax.....

By then the aftermarket guys will have everything you need to make it just what you want. And when you get it to where you want ... they will come out with something new making your decision, hang on to what you have or upgrade...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

I want it to basically stay the same. Making the mods you're talking about would turn it into a Spyder! No disrespect to you or anyone else but everyone is always talking about the lack of cruise control and storage and heated grips and two-up riding with more comfort and windshields. People, you're describing a Spyder! It's already being made. Just enjoy and appreciate the Ryker for what it is. I realize I use my Rally different from probably 95% of the other owners out there and I'm sure that influences my devotion to it but still, you've got to see the difference between the two bikes. Anyway, just my opinions on the subject.
    Spyder F3-S Special Series my traveling ride
    Ryker Rally modified for dual sport duty
    Honda Grom heavily modified for dual sport duty
    Ducati Scrambler Icon Dark my other traveling ride

Spyder Garage

I personally feel like the Ryker handles a lot differently and better (for me) than a Spyder but I want the Spyder's comfort, so getting a Spyder wouldn't be the answer for me because I don't like how the ride feels like a car where as the Ryker feels like a cycle

Spyder Garage

after some years on an RT we are now very happy with the Ryker 900, (we also had the Idea to go back to the 2wheelers) ..

with the FOX and the stronger sway-bar the handling is (also 2up) much better, easier to ride and no problem for longer 8 hours tours here over the Alps or on the Italian coast !

You always feel the light weight, the new CVT-Gearbox is really fanfastic, and it is for shure "fast" enough for us - after around 7.000 miles without any problems we would not change back - in the moment the Ryker is the better Spyder ?!?

But ..maybe a new ST Version in future ??
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Outlander fairing - Fox-shock - BajaRon Swaybar - Hankook tire/ back - 165/50 Imperial tires front & longer front shocks - GIVI Topase - Shad sidecases -heated grips - new seats

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I feel like the ryker and the spyder both have their place. For me, as a bigger guy, the ryker would only be doable for short, around town trips. Maybe a 100-150 mile romp in the country. But the spyder is something that I can ride all day on. I wish I could convince my wife to try a ryker, just so I would get to ride it. But for now, I will stick with my F3T for the comforts that it holds, and my Yamaha vmax for when I want to be a hooligan
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

An interesting concept. It will indeed be interesting to see how things develop in future years with the BRP Spyder and Ryker lineups. At the moment, they are three distinctive configurations, now down from five or so.

When the whole thing started, (2008), I turned my first two GS/RS into RT's...a year before they came out. They had all the stuff, they looked like touring bikes, but they performed much different. They were NOT the comfortable machines that the RT was. I traded my 2008 for a 2010 RTS Premier as soon as they were available. For me they were like night and day. The spouse kept her 09 decked out RS.

The pictures will no longer transfer from my albums. ????? See the link to the album.

https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...hp?albumid=655

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I agree with you eddiebrown. Owning both an RS and the Rally I too think the Ryker is more fun to ride than the Spyder. I also agree the Spyder is more comfortable. In my opinion (or maybe hope) the Ryker is going to turn into the new "sport" bike for BRP. Yes, its entry level and fairly bare bones which makes it cheaper and appealing to newer riders but the same qualifies also make it appealing to sport orientated riders.

I've said it many times now.....When BRP dropped the RS they left a whole group of riders (me included) with nothing to buy in the Spyder line-up. I will never buy an RT or F3. The Ryker is more RS like and I like mine for a bunch of reasons. That said if I could change anything I would...............

Add a Ryker Sport...maybe a Ryker S model to the line up that offered:
    / A better shock package (maybe Fox, M2 or Elka right from the factory) to give it a more comfortable ride.
    / Make the stiffer BRP or Baja Ron swaybar standard equipment.
    / More power by either boosting the current 900 ACE output or adding the 900 ACE Turbo
    / Brembo brakes.

That's really it. Honestly if this Ryker S model costs the same as an F3s I wouldn't care....I'd buy it before the F3s.

Some options/accessories I'd like to see BRP offer for all Rykers including the new Ryker S:
    / Different seat options, specifically to raise the seat height. I'd like to be about 2" higher.
    / More, larger rear storage options. The current Linq bad is too small.
    / Hand warmers, this should be super simple since all their other products offer them
    / More wheel options. The look of the Rally wheels is really, really bad
    / More colors than black (not just the panels) or wraps

Spyder Garage

The Ryker is the perfect three wheel blank canvass. It is the basic cycle with all kinds of possibilities, limited only to one's imagination. I am really glad I bought one. I have said this before, I am a long time Harley guy and now find it almost impossible to ride a two wheeler. I was really getting down about losing the ability to feel the freedom of the road. Now, I can ride without worrying about using my clutch hand in order to change gears. My one knee was replaced and the other one is due for the operation, limiting my ability to balance my bike, especially with my spouse on it. Now, I have the Ryker and can see how those folks test riding one on Youtube are giggling like school girls when they take them out. This thing is amazing. Once someone takes one out for a ride, they do not want to bring it back. They are immediately sold on it. Everyone that has one becomes a salesman for them. It's hard not to. The Ryker draws all kinds of questions from folks that have never seen one before.
    The price is right and all those improvements that everyone wants on them will only add to the purchase price. I am modifying my own as parts come available that will fit. Yes, I want more comfort, especially for my wife. Yes, I want a heavy duty spring for it so that I do not have to worry about overloading it with two heavy bodies. I would like to know if the max mount can handle a heavy load. I think the limit they give the bike in load is mainly just for handling purpose, not for the strength of the frame. Just guessing, of course. Both us us need to lose weight, but that is not the point right now. We are seniors and we want to enjoy our twilight years. This Ryker is fantastic. Believe it or not, it was my wife that suggested that I try it out. She also talked me into buying my first Harley, even though I already had a bike of another brand. I have a fine wife.....eat your hearts out..
    The point is that the Ryker is the best deal out there for ANY three wheeler. Yes, it needs improvements, but those improvements can be made by the purchaser. I can hardly wait to see the after market inventions that come out in the next couple of years for the Ryker. And I love looking at the paint jobs some folks are doing on it.
    I am fairly new to this forum. I will be learning from everyone elses experiences with their Rykers. I have already installed a lock gas cap, parking brake lock, windshield, passenger seat. I just took delivery on a new rear fender that I plan to install, once I get a little more knowledge of the process. I have the Rally and do not like the exposed fender so I am replacing it with the standard Ryker fender that I picked up for about $64 on line. I took someone's advice on here and got me a 2 1/2 inch socket from Amazon to use on the hub nut. Sorry, I digress.
    I like the Ryker as is for the price. I know that if they give us what we want added, it will cost more. My opinion is that they just do minor improvements such as paint and quality control, before it leaves the factory. As the kids say or used to say, this thing is the bomb.

Spyder Garage

The Ryker seems very elemental. Responsive, pure. I like it a ton.
    I also like the F3. Bigger, not as immediate... but better for two-up and / or for highway riding and long distances.
    I guess like some folks here, I just need to have both!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Zoot View Post
    The Ryker seems very elemental. Responsive, pure. I like it a ton.
    I also like the F3. Bigger, not as immediate... but better for two-up and / or for highway riding and long distances.
    I guess like some folks here, I just need to have both!
    Same Here with Both, I Alternate so no one feels bad? Ryker needs a seat shaped more like a F3 even if its a little higher. The Comfort seat is Not Much better than the Rally seat.

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge707 View Post
    Same Here with Both, I Alternate so no one feels bad? Ryker needs a seat shaped more like a F3 even if its a little higher. The Comfort seat is Not Much better than the Rally seat.
    I agree. However, you can always modify the seat or buy an after market one when they come out. I didn't like the seat on my Harley, so I took it apart, inserted a piece of memory foam and a driver backrest and drove it 10 hours, stopping only for gas for one of the best rides I have had. Bare bones, bare bones is what you get. For the money, this thing is GREAT! I could have bought a brand new Harley Sportster for less than half the price I paid for my Softail. It was sporty and fast, but not so comfortable. Just throwing in my opinion. Can't wait for someone to start making after market stuff to make it a bit more comfortable for us old seniors. Not quite ready for a wheel chair or walker yet.