Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    Hi Mike here ….. there are dozens and dozens of New folks on this site now and may not be aware of this …. If you decide to use Auto tires on your Spyder ( and most here are doing this ) …. Tire sellers usually will not sell you a Car tire if you tell them it's for a Spyder …. They are afraid of legal liability issues, even tho Any Auto tire is at least three times as safe as a Kenda or Arachnid..... so if you Must speak to a salesman tell them it's for a used car you just bought and this is the Brand & Size that's on the car Now …. and you need to re-place one or two and you want them to match or say it's for a dune buggy and that's what are on there now ….. If you want accurate info about tires ASK HERE …. not a tire sales-person, they have NO knowledge about tires used on Spyders ….. Discount tire has pretty much RED FLAGGED the Kumho Ecsta in 225/50-15 for the aforementioned reasons.........good luck …. Mike .......PS - Dis-claimer, what you put on your Spyder is your decision not Mine ......
    Discount Tire would not balance my front wheels, I took them in and all was good until they asked what the vehicle was, I buy a lot of tires from DT so they danced around and said they didn't have an adapter for the balancing machine......the good news is they turned me on to a local shop I didn't know existed that does bikes and custom off road machines
    2018 F3 Limited , Black/Chrome

Spyder Garage

Another thumbs up for Tire Rack. Also I use Honda Yamaha of Redlands to mount the rear tire, they even carry the new and old tire down to the service dept. Can't balance because the rear won't fit in the machine but I do it static so not a problem.
    2015 F3 S , Silver and orange

Spyder Garage

Back in the wayback days I had a Fiat car, the shop machines wouldn't fit the small center hole on the Fiat rims so I had to mount my new tires by hand with tire irons. I don't remember it being that big a deal. Fortunately, the spin balancer fit no problem.

Spyder Garage

Just did my General by hand with tire irons, about 12 minutes from bead break to air up with balance beads.
    2016 F3-T , Maroon

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Zoot View Post
    Back in the wayback days I had a Fiat car, the shop machines wouldn't fit the small center hole on the Fiat rims so I had to mount my new tires by hand with tire irons. I don't remember it being that big a deal. Fortunately, the spin balancer fit no problem.
    Back in the wayback days you were a lot younger and lots of things were no big deal. just say'en

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

I ordered all my tires off Amazon and took to the local shop (NTB in my area), no questions asked ever. If you take the rim and new tire they have never even asked me what they went to. However, I have never tried buying at the local shop - that may trigger questions. BTW I order Amazon Choice for front in correct size, very happy. For rear tire there are several excellent choices. The only thing I have seen and said something about to a fellow Ryder is when the tire is NOT symmetrical. Some tires have a changing pattern going across them. In pairs on a car, this works well. However on a single rear application it will not push water out evenly on both sides and can hydroplane far easier (they said bike did get wonky on wet roads). All the tires mentioned here - Khumo, General, Yoko have a nice symmetrical pattern. Just something to watch for, as ANY correct size tire will mount and prob work OK regardless of brand.