Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderLady1968 View Post
    How do you delete a reply?
    Tell me what you want to delete and I'll take care of it.
    2015 Pearl White RTL
    Baja Ron Sway Bar
    Russell Day Long Seat
    Strobe Brake Light
    Mirror Mount Turn Signal Indicator

2015 RTL , Yes Pearl White

Spyder Garage

When buying a used vehicle I always change or have the oil changed. I have a technician or mechanic go over the vehicle and provide me with a report. As far as the crash, I was involved in a minor crash several years ago, the frunk hood and frunk itself had to be changed and the cost was somewhere in the 3500 area. If you can get a detailed report from the dealer it may only be cosmetic as mine was. Good Luck.

Spyder Garage

Those tyres show wonky wear and they're defo on backwards. The seller may well be honest, but if it were me I'd walk away. There will be others.

A wee Scottish saying for you, - What's for you won't go past you.

Spyder Garage

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

OMG, I am devastated!!!!! I called Pikes Peak Motorsports in Colorado Springs and they show from looking up the VIN# that there was a CRASH estimate they wrote up for $3,600 + tax + shop supplies from 2015. The guy may have had the work done elsewhere as that is all they show. I am pretty sure that would be a deal breaker - RIGHT? I so wanted this Spyder. I would sure like to hear all your thoughts on this. PLEASE REPLY TODAY. I was going to take it for a test ride later today.
    The seller is taking it in to be inspected on Saturday and getting a report. I will make my decision after seeing if it has a clean bill of health. I really don't want to walk away if everything is certified as good. The seller did ride it home to Claremont, CA from Colorado Springs and he has put on over 6,000 miles since last November so if something wasn't right, I would think he would have known it. I am keeping my fingers crossed. In the meantime, I am continuing to keep my options open and looking into other possibilities. I am a retired paralegal - I do my research.

Spyder Garage

Sorry, but I'd still walk.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Unbelievable - yesterday I started looking at some of the great deals the dealerships have right now and one of them offered a trade-in on my F3 $4,000 more than any other dealer. So we made a deal on a beautiful 2018 champagne colored RT at 5 pm and I immediately cancelled the inspection on the bike I had been interested in. I rode my F3 to Escondido this morning and rode home on my new Spyder. Again, thanks everyone for your comments and help. I appreciate you all!

IMG_1592.jpg Better photos showing color is slightly gold and I actually didn't pick the color. This was the one they were offering huge rebates and discounts.

IMG_1593.jpg IMG_1583.jpg

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Unbelievable - yesterday I started looking at some of the great deals the dealerships have right now and Escondido Cycle Center offered a trade-in on my F3 $4,000 more than any other dealer. So we made a deal on a beautiful 2018 champagne colored RT at 5 pm and I immediately cancelled the inspection on the bike I had been interested in. I rode my F3 to Escondido this morning and rode home on my new Spyder. Again, thanks everyone for your comments and help. I appreciate you all! IMG_1592.jpg
    Wise choice. Congratulations.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Unbelievable - yesterday I started looking at some of the great deals the dealerships have right now and Escondido Cycle Center offered a trade-in on my F3 $4,000 more than any other dealer. So we made a deal on a beautiful 2018 champagne colored RT at 5 pm and I immediately cancelled the inspection on the bike I had been interested in. I rode my F3 to Escondido this morning and rode home on my new Spyder. Again, thanks everyone for your comments and help. I appreciate you all! IMG_1592.jpg
    Well done, congrats on your new ride! Good colour provided no one tells you its beige! Oops, did I say that...

Just joking, it is a good colour.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Unbelievable - yesterday I started looking at some of the great deals the dealerships have right now and one of them offered a trade-in on my F3 $4,000 more than any other dealer. So we made a deal on a beautiful 2018 champagne colored RT at 5 pm and I immediately cancelled the inspection on the bike I had been interested in. I rode my F3 to Escondido this morning and rode home on my new Spyder. Again, thanks everyone for your comments and help. I appreciate you all!

IMG_1592.jpg
    .... Dear Lady this news put a HUGH smile on my face ……….. I'm glad things worked out ...……. Mike

Spyder Garage

I second the congratulations!!! I also think you made a very wise choice of color; would have selected it myself were I purchasing an '18.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

No beige for me! LOL!!! While riding home, with the sun hitting it, the color is more goldish. Still not my favorite but definitely not beige. However if it had chocolate brown seats, that could really be a nice look. I am happy as I think this bike I will have a lot more confidence in. Now if the temperature will just go down here in So. Cal so I can get some miles on it.

Spyder Garage

SpyderLady, congrats. I've been to the cycle center years ago when I lived in SD. Now I only visit son in Poway. The only reason I knew about the RT you were looking at is I am still looking for one myself. Currently riding a star 1300 Deluxe, but wanting to wean myself off 2 wheels. I have my eye on a 2012 RT sm5 in the Victorville area. Safe riding not only to you, but to all.
    Bob

Spyder Garage

SpyderLady1968. Very nice. The Champagne color is very classy.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ARtraveler View Post
    I agree X's 5 …… My first Gold Wing was that color …. I even found a Spray paint to match, so I painted two helmets with it …. Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    .... Dear Lady this news put a HUGH smile on my face ……….. I'm glad things worked out ...……. Mike
    Thank you Mike!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ARtraveler View Post
    Thanks. I am still looking at putting a few graphics on it to make it pop. Sure don't want anyone thinking it is even close to beige since I am not a beige sort of person.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jarvis View Post
    SpyderLady, congrats. I've been to the cycle center years ago when I lived in SD. Now I only visit son in Poway. The only reason I knew about the RT you were looking at is I am still looking for one myself. Currently riding a star 1300 Deluxe, but wanting to wean myself off 2 wheels. I have my eye on a 2012 RT sm5 in the Victorville area. Safe riding not only to you, but to all.
    Bob
    Good luck Bob. I figured out on a road trip two years ago on my Harley that pulling in the clutch and brake with my arthritis that it was no longer fun to ride (after 30 years of riding a 2-wheeler). When I got home I immediately put it up for sale. By the way, I bought my F3 at Proshop Motorsports in Henderson out your way. You might check there also.

Very Active Member CopperSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

SpyderLady1968. That is an Awesome looking Spyder!! Love the chrome package with that color.
    My Spyder
    2012 RTL , Brown

Spyder Garage

Nothing quite like that "Golden Glow" in the afternoon sun. Congratulations on finding a Spyder that suits you. Many happy smiles. BTW on the chocolate brown seat check out an auto upholsterer near you, they can fix that.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Good luck Bob. I figured out on a road trip two years ago on my Harley that pulling in the clutch and brake with my arthritis that it was no longer fun to ride (after 30 years of riding a 2-wheeler). When I got home I immediately put it up for sale. By the way, I bought my F3 at Proshop Motorsports in Henderson out your way. You might check there also.
    Thanks for the insight. I'm 69 and have had arthritis for years. Now almost every joint. Anyway, great looking ride. I did stop by Proshop about a month ago to look at a high mileage RT, but they only had a couple new ones and the used we sitting outside in the blistering sun. NO GOOD to sit in 110+ sun. Again great ride.

Spyder Garage

Thanks but no thanks. Run, don't walk....