Thread: ECU Flash Today

Spyder Garage

Default ECU Flash Today

I went to Wick-It Performance today and had the ECU flashed to stage 2. Impressive performance. I did a few simple tests and noted the performance was far above the factory eprom settings. The eprom program was written by a Canadian. The procedure took about 3 hours, with one hour removing the covering and drilling a hole in the airbox to allow more air so you could develop 10 HP more. And it shows. One can achieve triple digits very very quickly. Not that I did, just guessing. It was a great ride. With La State taxes, the all in cost was $630. Coleman Haynes is the Flasher and photographer. He sent me some photos of the process. I've attached several. Recently someone asked where the ECU was located. It is behind the left front wheel. That panel you remove with your hands. The rest is just getting to the airbox cover to remove the lid to drill a large hole in it to allow more air. I am pleased with the results. I checked gas mileage on the return trip and pushing it hard most of the way, I got 30 MPG. You must, before the flash, and forever after, use premium fuel. If you want to have them do it, you can remove the eprom and the air box cover lid and send it to them. Call them to get the info you need. I forgot to add. When you turn the key on, you can instantly start the bike, you don't have to wait for the computer to boot up. That screen does come on but just button push it off... and my bad, the last photo in this sequence should have been the third. This is where the ECU eprom resides, behing the panel.

ECU Removal 1.jpgECU Removal 1.jpgECU Removal 2.jpgAir Box Removal 7.jpgAir Box Removal 8.jpgECU Removal 3.jpg

Spyder Garage

I`m glad youre enjoying it...now you see what the 1330 can actually do...now youre getting what you paid for.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 308gunner View Post
    I`m glad youre enjoying it...now you see what the 1330 can actually do...now youre getting what you paid for.
    Really happy with my stage 1 flash.
    Lew L
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Spyder Garage

"drilling a hole in the airbox to allow more air so you could develop 10 HP more". That's nice

I think you are kidding me.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Micha. View Post
    "drilling a hole in the airbox to allow more air so you could develop 10 HP more". That's nice

I think you are kidding me.
    On the stage II thats legit...Ive run both stage I and II. The stage II upgrade is REAL.

Spyder Garage

Can you run reg gas and add an octane booster. I've hear some say you dn need premium with stage one
    2014 RT Limited Matte Silver, Belt Guard, RT Dash Mount, Show Chrome Can-Am Spyder RT Passenger Arm Rest, Show Chrome Full Size Brake Pedal,Best shop manual, Spyder keycover with hole, Utopia drivers backrest, Showchrome trailor hitch, ShowChrome Acc Trailer Acc Rack, 2014 CA Spyder RT-RTS Master Collection-HDSv5, Airhawk Cushion, Spyderpops bumpskid, Ipod cable, Led lights, Driver Hiway pegs, Shorty Antenna, Pin Striping, ECU flash, TriAx adjustible handlebars,
    Will it ever stop--NO

Spyder Garage

I don't see the point of adding octane booster to regular gas would be less expensive than premium gas. But the eprom upgrade does require premium gas to operate to full potential. I ALWAYS use Chevron because it contains Techron, laboratory proven to be the best injector cleaner or Shell premium as it too has an injector cleaner. I never ever, ever, buy supermarket gas or walmart gas or... they are not first tier gas products. That is, they are not as clean. Whatever the brand they have where you live, make sure it is first tier. I've only used those two fuels in my trucks, my Beemer car and bike for years with great success. If you're riding a Spyder, you have the money. Use the best. I'll put the soapbox back in storage.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 308gunner View Post
    On the stage II thats legit...Ive run both stage I and II. The stage II upgrade is REAL.
    Then paste the holes. I am sure you will not notice any real differences.

Spyder Garage

Nope...it stays the way it is.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Micha. View Post
    Then paste the holes. I am sure you will not notice any real differences.
    Nope it stays the way it is..very happy..