Spyder Garage

Default Post Repair Damages Poll

Just had my Spyder in the Can Am dealers shop for a engine repair which appears to be successful. What is disappointing is the lack of care taken with the handling of the body panels, I’m finding quite a few fine scratches that were not there prior to the service work. Now I’m fairly particular when it comes to my vehicles but is it asking to much to get something back the way you brought it in? just wondering if anyone else has had similar experiences?

Spyder Garage

I had a machine repair biz for over 40 years and the work I saw done by others, even "factory Trained" idiots, was horrendous and they charged way more than I did. That taught me that I do not trust others with tolls in their hands and my things, especially vehicles.
    At 82, I am doing all my own maintenance. That's why I watch this forum daily for tips and info to do it right. At least what the consensus sez it right. In fact, I just adjusted and aligned the drive belt as it was too tight. Got it to 160# on the ground and 3 mm gap belt to flange and it was easier that doing that on my Victory, which was easy to work on.
    So if you know which end of the screwdriver is the handle, do yourself what you can do and not turn it over to the Neanderthals. Present forum (professional) company excepted, of course.
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Spyder Garage

When I had a compressor replaced I later found a tab broken off, but had no way to prove it was them.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze