Spyder Garage

Default glare or mirror effect on instrument cluster

does anyone have any answer or response to the glare or mirror effect on the instrument cluster, i'm having a diffuclt time with reflections off the face of the panel almost like a mirror i sure will be thankful for any ideas on how to eliminate the reflections on this

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by whitedog43 View Post
    does anyone have any answer or response to the glare or mirror effect on the instrument cluster, i'm having a diffuclt time with reflections off the face of the panel almost like a mirror i sure will be thankful for any ideas on how to eliminate the reflections on this
    Just a thought, places that do picture frames / framing etc. could sell you a piece of the plastic they use that is NON-glare …… you would have to shape it yourself …. I wouldn't glue it to the OEM one …..I have found wearing a dark colored shirt helps ….. Mike

Spyder Garage

Default Tough one....

Depending on your model and the moments when this occurs you would have to deflect. There are those time when you will be at the right angle and the sun will cause this to happen. There must be some anti-glare type material you could put over the dash. I get it some times and when my back is to the sun it will beat down on the instruments and can drop the safety card over the dash to keep the screen from being affected. All of this is short lived so I have gotten used to it. The analogs gauges are still visable in most cases....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Ride exclusively at night! Seriously, the subject has arisen from time to time and some folks advocate wearing dark clothing to reduce the problem. I refuse to do without my high viz jackets and just put up with it. It's just a function of the sun's poistion and when you're riding. I think BRP could come up with an answer, such as a semi-frosted cluster lens, but if they did the price of the cluster would probably double or more. It's just something up with which we we must put to roughly paraphrase Winston Churchill.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

thanks fellows for your responses, one of those things that i guess we live with, i have found as was suggested darker clothing does help

Spyder Garage

do a search on amazon for " anti-glare film cut to fit " film made for pc screen may work
    2015 F3-S , Silver

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by whitedog43 View Post
    I use an anti-glare screen protector made for smartphones and tablets. Just cut it to fit. Doesn't totally eliminate the glare but helps a lot!

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

I find the screen on the 2018 rtl is like a magnet it draws dust,have to carry a cloth to wipe it .
    2018 RTL , dark blue