Thread: New to 3 Wheels

Spyder Garage

Default New to 3 Wheels

Hi all.
    Been lurking here far a while trying to figure out what would be the best ryde for me.
    Found a reasonably priced 2015 F3S with a manual shift and low mileage so I brought it home a few weeks ago.
    After almost a thousand miles, I think I have figured out what I like and some things that I would like to change.
    For an old guy with some strength and balance issues, this thing is a good solution.
    My biggest issue is with the clutch in traffic, that dang thing gets tiresome quickly.
    Thanks to this forum, I think I have made an informed decision about my purchase and also the additions that I want to make as time and budget allow.
    I would like to thank Joe and Ann from Squared Away for the alignment and all the good advice regarding the feed and caring of Spyders.
    Best regards to everyone, Patrick

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jpkelley View Post
    Hi all.
    Been lurking here far a while trying to figure out what would be the best ryde for me.
    Found a reasonably priced 2015 F3S with a manual shift and low mileage so I brought it home a few weeks ago.
    After almost a thousand miles, I think I have figured out what I like and some things that I would like to change.
    For an old guy with some strength and balance issues, this thing is a good solution.
    My biggest issue is with the clutch in traffic, that dang thing gets tiresome quickly.
    Thanks to this forum, I think I have made an informed decision about my purchase and also the additions that I want to make as time and budget allow.
    I would like to thank Joe and Ann from Squared Away for the alignment and all the good advice regarding the feed and caring of Spyders.
    Best regards to everyone, Patrick
    & ..... about your clutch, there is a fix for that issue …. do a search ( above right corner ) …. PS did you mention the clutch to them , they might have been able to give you the fix info ….. Mike

Spyder Garage

Hi! Wondering where you went! Did you ever move the clutch and brake pedals? There is a fix for that clutch. You can add a vacuum assist. Or, buy all the parts, bring it to us at NORCAL rally, and we put it on. As always, if you get stuck on a project, call. Joe
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system

Spyder Garage

Hi Mike,
    I don't think I mentioned the clutch but maybe? We talked about so many things and I was in a hurry to get on the road.
    I've looked into the problem a bit and understand that there is a PDF that discusses the fix, I'll have to do more research.
    I'm well over a hundred miles from a competent dealer so it's difficult to drop in. But I will call the guy that is closest to me for information.
    I also have serious budget constraints so this will have to be a DIY project.
    Thanks for the welcome.

Spyder Garage

Hey Joe,
    How you doing? Good to here from you.
    Have not changed the pegs yet, but really need to get on that project. Life has a way of interfering with projects for me.
    Now that I'm retired I seem to have less time than when I worked full time.
    I would love to meet you guys at the NORCAL rally unfortunately my son is getting married about that time and I'll be too far away for that trip.
    I might just take you up on the invitation to call, I really appreciate the offer.
    Thanks, Patrick

Spyder Garage

They make a clutch assist for them!!