Should a technician service person who changes out a rear tire on a Spyder know what to do if the caliper gets stuck?

I took my bike up to the local BRP dealer to change my rear tire before they opened at 9am.

2.45pm I was told to come up there and pick up my bike because the tire change was just about done. Upon arrival, I was told there was an issue now and they don't know how long it will be...

So, I walked back to the service area to get answers on why the job is not done. This guy is on the floor with some tool and cheater bar (socket) thing looking like the damn hulk trying to make the calipers open or close...which ever.

Hey said, they do not know what to do. I got home and did a quick search online and found all kinds of suggestions and some that ryders stressed to not use force.

While using the tool and tremendous amount of force, I noticed he was not paying attention and the other end of this tool was not only scratching but GOUGING some marks into the rear wheel/rim.

That was at 2:45pm, they closed at 3pm and won't get back on it until Monday at some point.

I am now unable to go riding this afternoon as planned, and had to just now cancel a ride for tomorrow with some new friends I met.

Again, my question...should a technician service person who changes out a rear tire on a Spyder know what to do if the caliper gets stuck...or am I overreacting?