Spyder Garage

Default Access to back of left and right fuse blocks

Is it possible to access the back of the fuse blocks? I am looking for a connection to "switched power" and "shedding power". Thanks
    I have a 2015 RTS-SE.

Dean Secord AKA seaweed
    Veteran: U.S. Air Force
    2015 RT-S SE6

My Mods:
    TricLed Turn Signal, Squared Away Sept, 2016,SpyderPops Bump Skid, SpyderPops Missing Rock Guard, ION camera, Show Chrome Back Rest,
    Show Chrome Hitch. Leesure-lite trailer, Hopnel 850 Saddlebag Liners, Hopnel 3 piece lid netset - trunk and saddlebags
    Magic Brake Strobe/Flasher, DIY LED light strips on upper and lower A frames, BlueKnight911 Magic Mirrors,
    DIY superior grill, USB port, Hwy pegs, DIY Flag mounts for USA and US Air Force flags,
    Method to open Frunk and seat without using key, LED headlights and LED fog lights, turn signal switch safety mod

Spyder Garage

Yes you can, that is how I got switched power. The fuse blocks unmount. I had my frunk off when I did this so have no idea if you can remove the fuse blocks with it on.
    2015 RTL , Red

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderCruiser View Post
    Yes you can, that is how I got switched power. The fuse blocks unmount. I had my frunk off when I did this so have no idea if you can remove the fuse blocks with it on.
    ..... and I'm pretty sure the frunk has to come off because the wiring harness is short …. good luck …. Mike

Spyder Garage

I agree with Mike on this; all the wiring is short except for the light connections to the frunk. Had mine off just last week fixing a radiator grill strike by an Arkansas rabbit. He lost!

BTW, if you pull the frunk to get to the fuse blocks, be sure to reconnect all the wiring before you start the Spyder to check your work. If you don't and leave the wrong connection undone and start the Spyder, it will throw two codes about the ambient air pressure and temperature sensor. Once you make the errant connection the codes will disappear.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

I was afraid that the frunk had to come off to get to the back of the fuse blocks. Yes I know that Mike (Blueknight911) says that it is very easy. So I guess that I will tackle that job. By the way Mike how many times have you taken the frunk off? I am guessing more that just a few!!

Dean Secord AKA seaweed
    2015 RT-S SE6

My Mods:
    TricLed Turn Signal, Squared Away Sept, 2016,SpyderPops Bump Skid, SpyderPops Missing Rock Guard, ION camera, Show Chrome Back Rest,
    Show Chrome Hitch. Leesure-lite trailer, Hopnel 850 Saddlebag Liners, Hopnel 3 piece lid netset - trunk and saddlebags
    Magic Brake Strobe/Flasher, DIY LED light strips on upper and lower A frames, BlueKnight911 Magic Mirrors,
    DIY superior grill, USB port, Hwy pegs, DIY Flag mounts for USA and US Air Force flags,
    Method to open Frunk and seat without using key, LED headlights and LED fog lights, turn signal switch safety mod

Spyder Garage

Like a number of things on a Spyder RT, the first time through can be a bit intimidating, but the second and subsequent times it's a lot easier. Here is what I believe in a very good video on removing the frunk.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nw5atKHlmp4.

In my experience, the two times I've removed the frunk the most time consuming step was reconnecting the air inlet tube to the air box when reassembling everything. The first time it was pretty easy but on the second time I had to diddle with it bit more to get the connection on as it is supposed to be. A little patience was all I needed.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JayBros View Post
    Like a number of things on a Spyder RT, the first time through can be a bit intimidating, but the second and subsequent times it's a lot easier. Here is what I believe in a very good video on removing the frunk.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nw5atKHlmp4.

In my experience, the two times I've removed the frunk the most time consuming step was reconnecting the air inlet tube to the air box when reassembling everything. The first time it was pretty easy but on the second time I had to diddle with it bit more to get the connection on as it is supposed to be. A little patience was all I needed.
    The AIR inlet thing is probably why the dealers charge so much if they have to remove it ………….. You really Don't have to have it completely connected for it to work as designed …. If you look at my Albums there is a pic of my 3 inch air intake pipe …. I have not had any water issues either …. good luck … Mike

Spyder Garage

The upper terminal of the F8 (unused) position in the RFB is hot through the load shedding relay only when the engine is running. I used a "add-a-circuit" in that position to power my dashcam setup.
    2020 RT Limited , Marsala Red

Spyder Garage

Default Thanks to all for the info

After watching the two videos I believe that I will have to drop the skid plate in order to get to the bottom two bolts. Dang
    Speaking of the skid plate, it looks like I need to update all the mods in my signature.

Dean Secord AKA seaweed
    2015 RT-S SE6

My Mods:

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
    After watching the two videos I believe that I will have to drop the skid plate in order to get to the bottom two bolts. Dang
    Speaking of the skid plate, it looks like I need to update all the mods in my signature.
    I re-moved and not re-placed my OEM skid plate quite awhile ago …. but I think the TWO 10mm bolts ( not the nuts ) come off and the skid plate stays on ….. Mike

Spyder Garage

As I remember putting mu frunk back on, even with a bump skid you can get to the two lower 10 mm headed bolts. The whole job is a good bit easier if you get the front wheels up on ramps or jack stands.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

I just posted about the fuse block access. I hadn't read about it before.
    2015 RTS SE6 Special Series Red/Black w/Magnesium front fenders(bought in Nov. 2018 w/9,400 miles)
    Dynojet Power Commander V, Power Commander POD-300 Display, PCV Map Switch, Pedal Commander (WOW)
    Passenger Arm Rests, Windshield Air Wing
    Baja Ron's Sway Bar & Spring Adjusters
    Air Scoops, LaMonster's Hiway Pegs
    Magnetic Mirror Mounts, Air Innovations Seat Cushion
    Red Chrome pin striping on Black hood
    Federal Formoza AZ01 front tires (they're GREAT)
    Kumho Ecsta AST KU25 All-Season Tire - 225/50R15 91H
    LED bars above radiator inlets
    LED brake/running/turn signals on license plate frame
    Tag-Along trailer
    LED headlights LED fog lights (WOW)
    2" x 2" Road Lights inside front fenders
    7' x 10' Cargo trailer
    Garmin 396 LM GPS
    RLS Cat-delete resonator with China Akropovic muffler
    New Banshee AGM
    M3 TPMS on front tires
    Remote Control for Heated Jacket and Heated Riding Pants
    Analog Clock and Analog Volt Meter
    Loose Nut Behind Handlebars
    2015 RT-S Special Series , Stock Spark Plugs Brake Pedal Extension Cherry Red/Black