Spyder Garage

Default Another accident to report

Yesterday, I was cruising through a local park and came to a pedestrian crosswalk. A young family was waiting to cross and like a good law abiding citizen, I stopped and waved them across.

The family consisted of a mom, a dad and, I would say a, 7 year old girl and a three year old little boy.

The little boy was straggling behind as he could not take his eyes off of my extremely attractive Ryker Rally. As the Family completed the crossing, the little boy was about half way and was continuing to stare, point and wave at me on my tricycle.

Recognizing that he had fallen behind, he began to jog to catch up with the family but could not take his eyes off of my bike. As he finnally made his way across the road, he ran into a post because the little tyke was still staring at my bike.

He managed to stay on his feet but did have a few tears and a bruise to undoubtedly teach him a good life lesson.

So, please let my experience further emphasize the many risks of riding this 3 wheeled machine.

Be safe out there!!!

Spyder Garage

Yep, for whatever reason, the kids really love the look of the Spyders and Rykers...
    I had a few moments with kids screaming and waving their hands at me while I was passing by.

Spyder Garage

I've had similar experiences with younger kids and, unexpectedly, a car full of high schoolers. Makes me hopeful that Spyders and Rykers will become more common

Spyder Garage

Default Been there done that...

Feel for the tyke... when young would do the same every motorcycle I saw and bmped into many an unmovable object. Was not allowed to be associated with this type of vehicle. Frist thing I got when the stars lined up was a motorcycle and have had one ever since....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

My daughter, her husband and her two children were visiting from out of state and wanted to test drive my Rally. My son-in-law drove it first to get a feel for it and came back impressed. My daughter took it out next and I could hear her moving fast down the residential street coming back. She had such a big grin on her face that it was funny. Both then went out and hit the highways and were gone for a good while. Then they took their kids out. After visiting a while and eating supper, my son-in-law took it out again for a longer ride. They have to go back home to NC in the morning, but I can see a new toy addition to their family soon. Every one of them loved the ride, and they already ride atv's all the time on their property. The only comment they had was that they kept looking for the hand brake, but otherwise they had fun.