Spyder Garage

Default Under $10 Mirror Mounted Cup Holders for Can-Am Ryker

Hello Everyone,

I came up with a mirror mounted cup holder mod for the Can-Am Ryker that I hope you enjoy. It will only take you about 15 minutes to install and will cost you under $10 for a set of two. They work really well and are a good alternative to the expensive cup holders out there. Here is the link to the installation video and mod https://youtu.be/hUzqmW4OW0k

Here is a pic of what they look like on the Ryker Cup Holder Pic.jpg

I included a link to the product on Amazon.com in the description of the video if you are interested. I hope you enjoy the mod and ride safe.

Thank you,
    Mark aka budyser365

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by budyser365 View Post
    Hello Everyone,

I came up with a mirror mounted cup holder mod for the Can-Am Ryker that I hope you enjoy. It will only take you about 15 minutes to install and will cost you under $10 for a set of two. They work really well and are a good alternative to the expensive cup holders out there. Here is the link to the installation video and mod https://youtu.be/hUzqmW4OW0k

I included a link to the product on Amazon.com in the description of the video if you are interested. I hope you enjoy the mod and ride safe.

Thank you,
    Mark aka budyser365
    Thanks - ordered mine today!

Spyder Garage

No problem Jaxfann. I am glad that I can help.

Spyder Garage

I mounted the same kind of cup holder onto my Ryker on the handle bars. The first day of riding it bounced around a good bit but stayed in until the end of the day. I hit a small bump in the road and it flew strait up out of the holder bounced off me then the Ryker above my leg and was destroyed on the road. I had another bottle and thought if I secured a geartie from home depot that is reusable, from the top of the bottle that had a ring on top to the bottle holder loop on the back top part it would secure it from bouncing out like the other. Instead it bounced off the bottom piece that holds the bottom of the bottle in the holder and eventually falls out the bottom of the holder. Luckily, the tie I used held until I pulled over.
    The bottles were hydro flask that hold 18 ozs. They fit nice and snug in these holders. I thought the holder would be great but didn't work well for me. The bottles I used cost 30 bucks and have a different cap top now which I hate. I bought the holder from one of the sponsors of this site for around $18, not their fault. Just want people to be aware how it worked for me. 18-oz-standard-mouth-mango.jpg GearTie.jpg

Spyder Garage

I am sorry to hear that you lost a bottle. I haven't had any issues with mine and have been using them for a few weeks now. I am mainly using standard plastic water bottles and a tumbler maid by Built that only cost me $7.94 at Walmart. Here is the link to it if you are interested https://www.walmart.com/ip/Built-Dou...?selected=true
    I also released a video review of the Built tumbler and you can see it in action on the Ryker. I hit lots of bumps and go around lots of corners with no issues. Here is the video if you are interested https://youtu.be/HB0IZ7sr_cs

As always, ride safe
    Mark

Spyder Garage

I already had a cup holder but I like this implementation better so I ordered. I saw the one from Providence that going on the lower right side by your knee but I wasn't trying to spend that much and I worry that it would get in the way.

Spyder Garage

I got this 2 pack and mounted them on the base of my Lamonster mirrors. (rotated the clamp 90 degrees) It holds my Yeti 20 ounce coffee mug perfectly. I got the 2 pack so I could also hold a drink for myself and my wife.

https://www.amazon.com/Drink2Go-Anyw...VWY3P2P955D303

Spyder Garage

I watched the video about mounting it on the handlebars. That was a great idea. Just wondering if anyone had thought to use a boat cup holder that has a gyro-like swivel on it that would allow it to always remain upright? Just a thought because I was once going to install one on my Harley, but never got around to it.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by budyser365 View Post
    Hello Everyone,

Thank you,
    Mark aka budyser365
    Implemented your solution and works great! Thanks for the tip!
    2019 Rally , Black on black

Spyder Garage

No problem. I am glad that I could help.

Spyder Garage

I ended up having to modify mine. I had a metal water bottle in one and it seemed like it was in there good. Hit a bump on the road and it fell out. I was able to retrieve it and then I almost lost the other 24 oz bottle I had on the other side. I like the idea of having the 2 cup holders on the side so I ended up adding velco into the mix on the 2 bottles that I normally use. Seems like it will work pretty good to help hold them in place but It is yet to be seen. I will report back.