Spyder Garage

Default How much is it worth?

Hi
    I have a 2016 Rt Special Series with 12,000 miles and just over 5k in sparkles. . I love my Ryde but need to sell. It’s been garage kept and professionally maintained. Just had 3 new tires installed. It’s in near perfect condition. Can anyone tell me what I might be able to get for it..... I can go to NADA but I don’t know how to factor in the extras.

Ryde Safe My Friends! Jackie O

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Your best bet is to remove as much as you can of the extras and sell them separate from the Spyder

You will never get close to what you think you should get and be better of selling the extras.

How much would a dealer give you for the Spyder? Then add 2 to 4 k on that. You wont get anything for the farkles just the Bike price.

Spyder Garage

Do be aware that the number and value of farkles is in the eye of the potential buyer not the dollar value assigned by the seller. Tri-Axis bars, sway bar & links, GPS and Ultimate seat carry far more weight IMO, than all the rest of your list.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

I agree with Jay. You'd be lucky to get $.50 on the dollar for your extras. It would be more profitable to take the extras that can be removed easily and sell them here on Spyderlovers in the 4 sale section. The extras on the bike are only worth something if the buyer really wanted those things on the bike in the first place. I've had pretty good success selling some items that I took off a Spyder when I traded it in. So good luck in selling your goodies and Spyder.

2017 F3 Limited in Intense Red Pearl

2008 Triumph Rocket (SOLD)

2002 Honda VTX 1800 C ( SOLD)

2014 Triumph Thunderbird Commander

Spyder Garage

I sold my 15 RTS last July with 20 k miles on it for 16,000 and it had well over 3k in extras alot of the same things you have. You have 8k less miles. Being a year later yours is like mine. 3 years old. You may get 17,000 with the extras. It's work to sell the accessories and cost of shipping is very pricey. Plus low ball offers. I didn't want to take the time and effort doing that. You could take some of the small things off and sell them. Shipping isn't bad for little stuff.
    2018 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue

Spyder Garage

the question is so old and simple that I'm surprised you asked it.
    It is only worth what the MARKET WILL PAY.
    oh, and you might as well kiss the money spent on farkles goodbye.
    Flatlander, Navy Veteran, Widower
    Loved my 2014 RTS SE6 Pearl white
    but have a new love now,
    my 2017 RTS SE6 Champagne metallic (Champ)

Spyder Garage

Thank you! I appreciate the insight!

Spyder Garage

Thank you! I appreciate the insight! I was thinking of removing some to sell separately.

Spyder Garage

HOLY COW that's a lot of farkles!

Spyder Garage

Just over $5,000. In Farkles. If I was in the market for a bike and saw that, I would look at the statement in Perfect condition and think the same thing. It could be true but Five Thousands sounds like b's so pass.

Spyder Garage

Sad to say, the farkles are worth .50 on the dollar to nothing. They can add or detract from the sale. I had two early GS and RS with over $6K in farkles each on them. They were decked out like a full blown RT--a year before its intro.

I paid 15,999 for the 08 GS, put on $6K farkles in one year. Sold it for $15,300 in 2010 when bought a Premier Edition RTS.

Jay Bros is right on with some of his suggestions.

Wishing you good luck with the sale.

Blue book pricing somewhere between wholesale and dealer retail will most likely be the magic price.

An ad with 500 looks and no bites, indicates price too high.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default Little checking.....

check both NADA and Kelly Blue Book and make sure to enter the area you are in to see the value around you. You can check e-bay motors and craigs list as well as dealers in your area selling similar rydes to get a full picture. Removing the sparkles is double edged as you may lower the interest increase the cost of the sparkles to you if you don't do it your self and still not be able to sell them... things to consider.
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Thanks!! That’s the type of info I was looking for. I am going back and forth on selling her. When I purchased all the extras, it was with intent to keep her for years to come. Had to list everything out for the insurance coverage and I have receipts for most everything and was surprised myself at the total. I know you lose money on the add ons but most items are for safety and handling (and should be included at the factory) like extra lights, sway bar and belt tensioner. Of course some are for comfort like the Ultimate Seat and Adjustable Handlebars. I appreciate giving me some tips!!

Spyder Garage

Mickeywatch...here's something worth comparison, if'n you haven't seen it yet...
    https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...6-RTS-For-Sale
    Raprider (Rich)

2016 Can-Am Spyder ST-S SE5 Steel Black Metallic (Blackbird)
    BRP Audio, Heated Grips, Fog Lights, Passenger Backrest, Givi Saddlebags/Top Case
    BajaRon Swaybar, TricLed Wide-Vu Mirrors, Lamonster Ram mount and X-grip, Sena 20S Evo Dual
    TricLed Sequential Front SpyderFenderz, Dual Color Run/Brake/Turn LEDs, Brake Flasher
    Kumho Ecsta AST installed on rear 4/2021

1996 Yamaha Virago 750 (Vera) - still riding
    1987 Honda Shadow 500 (Shady) - sold
    1982 Honda Rebel 250 (Little Reb) - sold

2016 ST-S , Steel Black Metallic

Spyder Garage

Just sold my 2016 RTS with lots of Farkles in Canada for $19500. Thats my bike that Raprider is referring to in the above post. Only had one person really interested but it worked out. So best of luck. I enjoyed the bike but when its time to sell for me I just want it done. The trade in value for a new Spyder here in Canada was around $19,000.
    900 Ryker Wifes