Spyder Garage

Default An unsolicited endorsement

At long last, I finally made an appointment to have my two Spyders serviced.

Both needed their annual oil change/filter service and both needed new tires all around.

I have four choices now, where I had only one before. I chose to try the Lamonster Garage in Nixa.

They really do know how to take care of business. I made an appt. a day ago...they were able to get me in the next day. They got all the stuff on my two lists right, the first time. They had all the stuff needed. And, we had a great drive home after the service.

They fixed the damaged lights on my bumpskid...no charge. The came up with a great solution to my broken off mirror cowling. I now have a set of magic mirrors and that saved me potentially hundreds of dollars had I needed to replace the whole mirror cowling.

And, the shop rate was $50 an hour less than my former dealer in AK.

I will be going back as a regular.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 08-01-2019 at 09:22 AM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

That's great! Good to have choices and Lamont and his staff know how to treat a customer!

What tires did you go with?
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Spyder Garage

Great story. Sure wish all the other dealers would live up to Lamonts level of customer care. If they did, I'll bet this forum would be filled with touring stories instead of stories about trying to get things fixed...... Jim
    2005 Windveil Blue Premium Mustang Convertible
    2008 Honda GL1800/California Sidecar Trike, SOLD
    2014 Platinum Silver Satin Spyder RTL, SOLD
    Semper Fi

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ARtraveler View Post
    At long last, I finally made an appointment to have my two Spyders serviced.

Both needed their annual oil change/filter service and both needed new tires all around.

I have five choices now, where I had only one before. I chose to try the Lamonster Garage in Nixa.

They really do know how to take care of business. I made an appt. a day ago...they were able to get me in the next day. They got all the stuff on my two lists right, the first time. They had all the stuff needed. And, we had a great drive home after the service.

They fixed the damaged lights on my bumpskid...no charge. The came up with a great solution to my broken off mirror cowling. I now have a set of magic mirrors and that saved me potentially hundreds of dollars had I needed to replace the whole mirror cowling.

And, the shop rate was $50 an hour less than my former dealer in AK.

I will be going back as a regular.
    On the road again

With confidence!

Can't put a price on that

Identify what you have control over and find peace with what you don't.

Spyder Garage

As always. Lamont is set up right wherever he lands. Not surprised that you are impressed. Lamont has been impressing me for years!
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

SpyderLovers Ambassador Little Blue's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Service

Just curious, what tires did you purchased? ...
    ENJOY YOUR LIFE WITH A SPYDER
    Ryde with a Friend and be Safe

My Spyder .....'Little Blue-Boy'
    2016 RT Limited , Orbital Blue

Spyder Garage

To bad I am not in Arkansas !!! I called the Dealer for my 19,000 mile service, five weeks before they can get me in...the Labor Rate is $99.00 per hour...Service Writer told me it would take 8 hours... I explained to him what the Owners Manual calls for at 19,000....I am not paying for 8 hours !!! I am at the point of another Post on here "Done with Spyder".....I am almost at the breaking point where the issue of trying to get service is more then riding a Spyder is worth !!!! There has got to be something better !!!!!! I also have a BMW RT, ready for a service, called the Dealer yesterday, have an appointment for August 9th, 9 days to get in... he said it would take 2 hours......quiet a difference, and the Tech actually is certified and knows what he is doing.....

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by biker01red View Post
    to bad i am not in arkansas !!! I called the dealer for my 19,000 mile service, five weeks before they can get me in...the labor rate is $99.00 per hour...service writer told me it would take 8 hours... I explained to him what the owners manual calls for at 19,000....i am not paying for 8 hours !!! I am at the point of another post on here "done with spyder".....i am almost at the breaking point where the issue of trying to get service is more then riding a spyder is worth !!!! There has got to be something better !!!!!!
    Ouch!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

ArTraveler, you are indeed fortunate.

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by canamjhb View Post
    Great story. Sure wish all the other dealers would live up to Lamonts level of customer care. If they did, I'll bet this forum would be filled with touring stories instead of stories about trying to get things fixed...... Jim
    Lamont is not a dealer.
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PW2013STL View Post
    That's great! Good to have choices and Lamont and his staff know how to treat a customer!

What tires did you go with?
    My 2014 got a pair of Formoza in the front and a Yokohama in the rear. The 2011 got Kenda fronts and a Yoko rear.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Little Blue View Post
    Just curious, what tires did you purchased? ...
    see post #11

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bikerbillone View Post
    ArTraveler, you are indeed fortunate.
    I do consider myself fortunate. I also had very good luck with team CC in AK. Bought all five of my 's there. They were very good up until the last couple years. Had issues with service managers, techs, and parts availability. The last year...I had to leave the Spyders overnight...which is not bad...but compared to previous service, not good IMO. There is now NO dealer selling Spyders in all of AK. They said they would service for the next year or so...but I decided to wait until moving here this year.

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate looks at -- View Post
    Lamont is not a dealer.
    True. But he is one heck of a service center and aftermarket supplier.

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default Wow...!!

I'm sure it felt nice to have options. Many don't and you didn't for some time. You found a good one and now know where to go. You should be pretty well set now after the move. Enjoy...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

My 2014 got a pair of Formoza in the front and a Yokohama in the rear. The 2011 got Kenda fronts and a Yoko rear.
    Curious why you stayed with Kenda's on the 2011?
    Trb-- (Roger)

2014 Cognac STL:Ultimate Seat, Nelson Rigg Tail Pack, Nelson Rigg RS/ST Half Cover, TL fender lights, Squared Away Laser Alignment, BajaRon sway bar and links, Akropovic Sport Silencer
    2022 White Pearl F3T
    Gone but not forgotten: 2019 F3S Special Series Liquid Titanium

Spyder States Visited

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Trbayth View Post
    Curious why you stayed with Kenda's on the 2011?
    That was all they had for the ancient 2011 (14" wheels). I am one who has no problem with Kenda OEM's. I consistently get 20K plus miles on the fronts, and 15K plus on the rear tire.

The only exception was the 2014 with the new rubber compound. That got about 8K. The replacement was the old compound....and I just replaced that yesterday at 32K. 32 - 8 = 24K actual.

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

That was all they had for the ancient 2011 (14" wheels). I am one who has no problem with Kenda OEM's. I consistently get 20K plus miles on the fronts, and 15K plus on the rear tire.

The only exception was the 2014 with the new rubber compound. That got about 8K. The replacement was the old compound....and I just replaced that yesterday at 32K. 32 - 8 = 24K actual.