Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Worst calamity lately!

After reading Motorcycle Dave's post about busting up his foot I realized I am fortunate that the worst calamity I've had to deal with in quite a while was the following.

John Deere stuck in mud.jpg

As Jewish Auschwitz survivor Sigmund Wollman would have pointed out, this was an inconvenience, not a problem. We would do good to always differentiate with the question, "Is this (whatever the situation) a problem, or is it just an inconvenience?"

The guy who is managing the irrigation sprinkler sets let the water run on this part of the timber for too many days, soaking the ground! With the help of a nephew and the use of my brother's D3 Caterpillar we pulled it out! I've been pushing over broken tree stumps from a 10 year ago wind storm and piling them up to burn on the home farm which my brother owns.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Bet the Cat made short work of that problem. Thank goodness.

Identify what you have control over and find peace with what you don't.

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jeriatric View Post
    Bet the Cat made short work of that problem.
    You did mean "inconvenience", right! Yes, it did!

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    You did mean "inconvenience", right! Yes, it did!
    Of course i did!

Identify what you have control over and find peace with what you don't.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Ha! Been there done that. Chained a pipe cross ways to both rear wheels, raised the fronts up with the bucket and backed up for about 4 feet. Repeated the process once more and voila. Back in business again. Just don't spin the rear wheels or you'll make thing worse. I've done that too. Ugh!