Spyder Garage

Default Picking up my first Spyder F3-T

I am so excited. I haven't been on two wheels since 2005, due to almost going under a logging truck. I have been wanting a Spyder for a couple years now and the wife finally said yes. I looked and looked and settled on a 2018 F3-T with current rebates and dealer price drops I couldn't say no. Not to many in my area used and for sale. My question is do the 2018 come with belt tensioner stock? Is there anything you would suggest as an upgrade or mod to start with? Eventually I am going to add shocks, but for now my first mod will be the Anti-sway bar. Any other suggestions?

Spyder Garage

Just ride it for a while, get use to it!! The after about 1-2000 miles then change it up and make it yours. Ron's sway bar is a good place to start in my book, get it laser lined, and drive it. Have fun, and good luck!!
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

congratulations Iam looking for a 2018 f3-T as well , what type of deal did you get . The best I have found is 18,999 . plus tax

SpyderLovers Sponsor
    Spyder Garage

The sway bar is a must have on my Spyders. No, a belt tensioner is not a factory item, if you feel vibration I’d ask the dealer to check the tension before buying a tensioner.

2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Very Active Member CopperSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=Mikey;1462770]Just ride it for a while, get use to it!! The after about 1-2000 miles then change it up and make it yours.
    2012 RTL , Brown

Spyder Garage

You may not need a belt tensioner, my girlfriend purchased a 2018 F3-T and I drove it and didn't notice any vibration. I decided to trade in (after riding her F3-T) my 2014 RT for an 2108 F3-T and it doesn't have any belt vibration. I had a belt tensioner on my 2011 and 2014 RT's. If you don't feel any belt vibrations I wouldn't get the tensioner, but items like sway bar, maybe windshield, floor boards, LED headlights/foglight, the shaky mirror fix from Jim and Ann.
    [B]

2018 Intense Red F3T (See About Me under My Profile for mods)
    2010 Timeless Black RT-622 Trailer
    2014 Timeless Black RTS-SE6, 34,300 Miles, traded May 2019
    2011 Timeless Black RTS-SE5, 15,180 Miles, traded April 2014

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spyderbear View Post
    congratulations Iam looking for a 2018 f3-T as well , what type of deal did you get . The best I have found is 18,999 . plus tax
    17,999 is what I got mine for. They dropped it from 18,999 because I was going to have them dealer trade for an F3-S. For $500 more than the F3-S I went with the saddle bags...lol. if you look up Elk Grove Powersports they have one listed for 17999 still. May be able to use that as a bargaining chip as they say they will ship anywhere in the lower 48 states.

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the advise. I will ride her and see what I like and what I want to change.

Spyder Garage

and

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I had 2 spyders with sway bars, but after putting 16000 miles on my F3T I don't think it needs the sway bar. You can listen to the people who sells them or ride it and see what you think

Spyder Garage

thanks for the info it will be helpful .

Spyder Garage

Default congratulations....🎉🎉🎉

Nice choice... congratulation to you and big atta-girl to the wife... Best suggestion is ryde it for a good while and see what you feel you need. They work quite well box-stock but there are goodies to make it much better...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

If you haven’t already bought one check MotoMember in Purceville, VA. I just got a quote of 17,500 for a 2019. He’s a volume dealer and will ship. May be worth a check. Good Luck.

Quote Originally Posted by spyderbear View Post
    2019 F3T , Blue

Spyder Garage

Congratulations! Ride it! Once you settle in, you will discover the mirrors shake. I can fix that. Bring it to Oroville for the NorCal rally, and I can check your alignment. If it’s ok, it is free. If not, we can fix it. By then, you will have a few questions about your bike. Ask. We can probably answer. Hope to see you there! Joe
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mech79 View Post
    I am so excited. I haven't been on two wheels since 2005, due to almost going under a logging truck. I have been wanting a Spyder for a couple years now and the wife finally said yes. I looked and looked and settled on a 2018 F3-T with current rebates and dealer price drops I couldn't say no. Not to many in my area used and for sale. My question is do the 2018 come with belt tensioner stock? Is there anything you would suggest as an upgrade or mod to start with? Eventually I am going to add shocks, but for now my first mod will be the Anti-sway bar. Any other suggestions?
    just got the new little extra add on mirrors that motorcycle dave sells--best 20 bucks you can ever spend--not perfect (our windshield is very raked angle and hard to find a sweet spot--at least for me) but i finally can see over my shoulder and who's behind me--also the front skid plate seems indispensible if you bottom out on a driveway potential

Spyder Garage

My advice? Go to the dollar store and buy approx 4"x8" window clings! I put them on my gas tank as a protector from zipper rubs. Without realizing it one cold 33 degree day..... very fun ride on curvy road... coat zipper ate up the paint with hundreds of scratches. They do make tank bra's... unti i find one that has what i need... dollar store clings for me .