Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Spyder Garage

They meant Newton’s just got a new belt it was adjusted to minimum specs which is 1000 Newton’s and I now have no belt vibration

Spyder Garage

Check this Youtube out...
    https://youtu.be/pWGiCt7aW6s
    2019 RT Limited , Phoenix Orange

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomSpecial View Post
    Check this Youtube out...
    https://youtu.be/pWGiCt7aW6s
    The guy in the video seems to be crossed up about the Krikit II. It's range is 300 Lbs of force, if it is out of range then his belt is waaaaay too tight. I double checked my belt against the 950N the dealer left it at, and my Krikit II showed around the ± 200 lbs range, the 950N converts out to about 213 Lbs.

He also fell into the trap my dealership (as most dealerships do) of not being aware that the 2015 TSB allows RT riders to set the tension all the way down to 119 lbs, and in the back of both the 2018 and 2019 Can Am Spyder RT service manuals there is a specification that is lower than the front "How To" section. It allows all the way down to 141 Lbs. My dealer was confused as to why Can Am hadn't standardized the numbers.

Most folks who ride the RT/RTL enough to actually fell the belt vibration prescribe to the lower belt tension group. I asked a master tech if there was some hidden reason not to go as low as possible, the answer was nothing that BRP had put out. My take is less is better on bearings, pulleys, and vibration.
    h0gr1der
    2018 RT Limited Blue/Chrome SE6 *Tri-Axis Bars*Adjustable Driver Backrest*175/55R15 Vredestein Front, 205/60R15 Vredestein Rear Tires*Baja Ron Front Spring Pre-Load Adjusters*Misty Mountain Sheepskin seat cover*Centramatic balancers *Garmin Zumo 595LM GPS*KOTT Grills*BajaRon swaybar*SpyderPops Alignment*Missing Belt guard*Magnetic Mirrors*Custom Rear Adjustable Shock*360° LED Headlights & Foglights*Progressive front fender turn signals
    States Visited on Less than 4 wheels.