Thread: Attaching pics

Spyder Garage

Default Attaching pics

OK.........….Yes I'm old enough to have problems with current day computer things that allow you to do anything you want as long as you know what you need to do in the first place what happened to find the picture on your computer, attach it to your open file, and be done"?
    So......….Probably answered a 1000 times before but...…………...how do you attach pics to a PM ??
    All I see is "attach image", and then there is a box that says "attach URL".....or something like that.
    forever appreciate any "procedure" help
    Ray & Marci
    Tenino, WA
    2014RTL Cognac
    ALWAYS ride 2 up.

Spyder Garage

Default Lets see....

When typing your message and wanting to add a picture... go to the icon on the second row that is a picture with black corners and click on it. You should get a box with from computer or URL address. click from computer and it should take you to your files on the computer. Click on the location then click on the picture and it will take you back to the message and you then need to click on "upload". This may take a sec or two depending on the size. In your message it used to appear as a picture but now it is only the information. To check click on "preview post " and you will see the picture...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Hello Gene,
    unfortunately it is not possible to upload images to PMs. Only the option to embed an image via URL is available in a PM. So Ray is right, no image upload in PMs.

PM-picture.jpg

Spyder Garage

Gene, there's a problem. Your method works fine for inserting a picture into a general forum message, but in a PM the only option is to insert a URL; there is no option to select a file from the computer. I futzed around with it trying to send one to Ray and just can't get it to work. I tried inserting the path of a chosen .jpeg image into the URL line and got nothing when I clicked "Preview Message." All that happened is the text of the path appeared in the message preview. I tried too the Snipping Tool to paste an image but it wouldn't work either.

I suspect the ability to send pictures in in PMs is intentionally disabled to avoid cluttering a server somewhere with images.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Default Oops....

Your all correct...I was thinking of the normal and not the PM... don't do much PM'ings but will check it out seems I tried at some point....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Default Workaround

Hello Ray,
    with a trick you can attach pictures. First you have to attach the pictures in a normal posting. Don't send the posting, just leave the page. The pictures can now be found in your personal attachment area. Go to the PM area and scroll down. There you will see the link "Attachments" in the left menu. If you click on this link, you can see all your uploaded pictures. Click with the right mouse button on the link for the desired picture. In the PopUp menu you should see an item "Copy Link Address" depending on your browser. This click and now you can insert the link in the PM into the field "URL" in the picture popup via "Paste" (keys <CTRL>+<V>).

Attachments.jpg

Supplement from 31.07.2019
    My solution does not work
    . The uploaded images will be deleted after a few hours because they were not used in a post.
    Last edited by Batmobil-F3; 07-31-2019 at 03:33 AM. Reason: Corretion

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Batmobil-F3 View Post
    Hello Ray,
    with a trick you can attach pictures. First you have to attach the pictures in a normal posting. Don't send the posting, just leave the page. The pictures can now be found in your personal attachment area. Go to the PM area and scroll down. There you will see the link "Attachments" in the left menu. If you click on this link, you can see all your uploaded pictures. Click with the right mouse button on the link for the desired picture. In the PopUp menu you should see an item "Copy Link Address" depending on your browser. This click and now you can insert the link in the PM into the field "URL" in the picture popup via "Paste" (keys <CTRL>+<V>).

Attachments.jpg
    Thanks, I will try this later. Got a wifey assignment for now
    Ray & Marci
    Tenino, WA
    2014RTL Cognac
    ALWAYS ride 2 up.

Spyder Garage

Exclamation No workaround

My solution from thread #6 does not work. The uploaded images will be deleted after a few hours because they were not used in a post.

Spyder Garage

Batmobil-F3...…...Thanks for your inputs on this. After multiple different ways of trying the commands yesterday, I gave up. I couldn't get it to let me load multiple pics into 1 PM either.
    Ray & Marci
    Tenino, WA
    2014RTL Cognac
    ALWAYS ride 2 up.

Spyder Garage

I had contacted Andrew about this a couple months ago and his reply was he doesn't allow pics in PM's???
    2014 RT-Ltd , Cognac

Spyder Garage

Hell, I'd be happy if I could even put a pic in a post. I couldn't even get the pic in my avatar to look like it wasn't taken "down under". I've never had a problem posting pics on other forums. WTH, Admin here are control freaks?
    2015 RTS SE6 Special Series Red/Black w/Magnesium front fenders(bought in Nov. 2018 w/9,400 miles)
    Dynojet Power Commander V, Power Commander POD-300 Display, PCV Map Switch, Pedal Commander (WOW)
    Passenger Arm Rests, Windshield Air Wing
    Baja Ron's Sway Bar & Spring Adjusters
    Air Scoops, LaMonster's Hiway Pegs
    Magnetic Mirror Mounts, Air Innovations Seat Cushion
    Red Chrome pin striping on Black hood
    Federal Formoza AZ01 front tires (they're GREAT)
    Kumho Ecsta AST KU25 All-Season Tire - 225/50R15 91H
    LED bars above radiator inlets
    LED brake/running/turn signals on license plate frame
    Tag-Along trailer
    LED headlights LED fog lights (WOW)
    2" x 2" Road Lights inside front fenders
    7' x 10' Cargo trailer
    Garmin 396 LM GPS
    RLS Cat-delete resonator with China Akropovic muffler
    New Banshee AGM
    M3 TPMS on front tires
    Remote Control for Heated Jacket and Heated Riding Pants
    Analog Clock and Analog Volt Meter
    Loose Nut Behind Handlebars
    2015 RT-S Special Series , Stock Spark Plugs Brake Pedal Extension Cherry Red/Black