Spyder Garage

Default Bluetooth helmets that actually work

I'm looking for a Bluetooth helmet, preferably a 3/4 helmet, with Bluetooth that actually works. Not interested so much in the music and phone part but in the communication between rider and passenger. I've been burnt once. The helmets we have work great up to 30mph. After that we can't understand anything each other is saying. Has anyone found a good one communication wise?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

What do you have that doesn't work? Are you looking for helmets with BT built-in? Or are you looking for headsets? Many that have rider/passenger buy a pair of headsets that are already paired to each other. Sena, Uclear, Cardo are the top three I believe. Uclear use mikes in the forehead padding and therefore don't have wind noise.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

Looking for BT built in

Spyder Garage

contact motorcycledave.com. He has helmets from Sena with the Sena headsets built into them.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

What I currently have is BLINC built in Bluetooth

Spyder Garage

Sena, Nolan, and Cardo all have worked well for me for communication at any and all speeds. I have the pre-1 mile distance units. Good for line of sight. I have listed them in order of preference. Sena are the most quiet. The Sena's we have are clamp on. The Nolans are built in. No longer have the cardo.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Schuberth has the M1 3/4 helmet that has kinda built in. It comes with boomless mic and speakers and there unit pops in the back (sold separately)
    2018 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue

Spyder Garage

My son and I have Bilt helmets with built in Sena units and they work really well for us.

2013 RTS
    BajaRon Swaybar, BRP passenger armrests, JT's GoPro dash mount, Lidlox helmet locks, M2 Shocks, foam grips, Ultimate Seat, Magic Mirrors

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    I'm looking for a Bluetooth helmet, preferably a 3/4 helmet, with Bluetooth that actually works. Not interested so much in the music and phone part but in the communication between rider and passenger. I've been burnt once. The helmets we have work great up to 30mph. After that we can't understand anything each other is saying. Has anyone found a good one communication wise?
    Just wondering! You sure the 3/4 bit isn't the source of your problem? I would think you would have a lot of wind noise interfering with the mic but I don't know for certain since I've never used a 3/4. I even have noise interference with a modular full face when the visor is open, and that's with a wired CB system.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

I have both open face and full face helmets. The open face helmet has far more wind noise than the full face. Something else that affects the wind noise of the helmet is the kind of windshield you have or lack of one.
    2019 F3-S , Black & Silver

Spyder Garage

Just my opinion, but I don't care for built-in BT. If you swap out helmets every 5-6 years like you're supposed to, it seems to be a little more expensive. I can transfer my system from one helmet to the next.
    2014 RT-S Orange - LED headlights/driving lights, LED under mirror turns, LED brake/run lights along trunk and saddlebags, LED third brake light, LED turn bulb replacements, Magic Mirrors, Voltmeter, Oil PSI gauge, heated gear connection, BRP backrest, dash Mount USB plug, Lamonster belt tensioner, Baja Ron sway bar, NBV highway pegs, BRP arm rests M2 suspension.
    2014 RT-S , Orange

Spyder Garage

Another vote for Bilt modular helmet with Sena BT built in. Wife loves her's and not expensive $239.00. Compared to my Shoei Neotec modular with added Sena BT. Dont even want to remember how much I payed for it. Way to much. I'l go with a Bilt helmet when I have to replace it.

Spyder Garage

20190728_165015.jpg20190728_165312.jpg
    I just got the Cardo and I really like it. I got to test it out by calling my daughter. I got up to 70 miles an hour and she still couldn't hear the bike with the helmet up or down.
    "Friend to those who have no friends. Enemy to those who need no enemies. Headache to those who have no aspirin."~ The Phantom Texter
    2019 F3 s , Neutrino Aurora Accessory Fuse Block Blue

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I have them SENA is the way to go,
    Savage Helmet.jpeg
    This is the very best way to go. it does not get any better and nothing shows on the outside...
    it's all built right in.
    Call me or email me at
    motorcycledave@mac.com
    209-887-3283
    Ride Safe
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    Savage Helmet.jpeg