Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by billythekidd View Post
    My Goldwing and my Vision had reverse. My buddies Harley has reverse... Just saying...
    Don't they all use the starter motor rather than a true reverse gear in the transmission?
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by sandeejs View Post
    Another big difference for me is the braking. I did not have the integrated brakes on my Shadow. I do love that you can stomp on the Spyders brake in an emergency, and it STOPS!
    ~Sandee~
    Stopping is another BIG plus. More rubber on the road per pound of weight. That's what gets you stopped. I have a CT on my vision which really helps it stop.
    Can Am 2013 RTL SE5

Spyder Garage

I love driving my Spyder like I stole it, and I lean way in on curves and keep it reved up to slingshot out. Ya just keep loose and let the machine do what it does best, keeps your adrenalin pumping. It's the most fun I have with my pants on.
    2015 RTS SE6 Special Series Red/Black w/Magnesium front fenders(bought in Nov. 2018 w/9,400 miles)
    Dynojet Power Commander V, Power Commander POD-300 Display, PCV Map Switch, Pedal Commander (WOW)
    Passenger Arm Rests, Windshield Air Wing
    Baja Ron's Sway Bar & Spring Adjusters
    Air Scoops, LaMonster's Hiway Pegs
    Magnetic Mirror Mounts, Air Innovations Seat Cushion
    Red Chrome pin striping on Black hood
    Federal Formoza AZ01 front tires (they're GREAT)
    Kumho Ecsta AST KU25 All-Season Tire - 225/50R15 91H
    LED bars above radiator inlets
    LED brake/running/turn signals on license plate frame
    Tag-Along trailer
    LED headlights LED fog lights (WOW)
    2" x 2" Road Lights inside front fenders
    7' x 10' Cargo trailer
    Garmin 396 LM GPS
    RLS Cat-delete resonator with China Akropovic muffler
    New Banshee AGM
    M3 TPMS on front tires
    Remote Control for Heated Jacket and Heated Riding Pants
    Analog Clock and Analog Volt Meter
    Loose Nut Behind Handlebars
    2015 RT-S Special Series , Stock Spark Plugs Brake Pedal Extension Cherry Red/Black

Spyder Garage

I'm still riding my Victory Cross Country and the F3 alternately. Except for reaching for that nonexistent clutch and front brake on the Spyder from time to time, I don't have any issues switching between them as they're so different.
    2017 F3T , Black, black and more black

Spyder Garage

When I first started riding the F3L I had a few stop lights where I wanted to put my feet down LOL, other than that being a snowmobiler I find myself wanting to side saddle in agressive corners and curves, and quite frankly the seat isn't real conducive for sliding ones ass side to side.
    2018 F3 Limited , Black/Chrome

Spyder Garage

Quite a bit of difference really. Riding the Spyder, you may feel a bit like you are riding a bike, open air, handlebar, but that is where it ends. It's much more like a car than a bike. On the other hand, 2 wheels is 2 wheels. I enjoy the 2 wheel ride much more, to me it sorta feels like flying, lean into the curves, use your body to move the bike. I keep the Spyder for my wife to ride on the back, and use for towing behind the camper. But I just got a BMW because of the way it handles and how it feels going down the road. I'd much rather spend the time on the BMW then the Spyder.
    2019 BMW C650GT, 2010 Spyder RT-S, 2009 BMW R1200RT,(sold) 2009 Honda Silverwing (Sold), 2009 Kawasaki 500 Vulcan (Sold)

\
    2010 RT SE5 , Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    Don't they all use the starter motor rather than a true reverse gear in the transmission?
    Yes, both bikes use the starter. The one thing my wife likes about the reverse in the Spyder is how fast it goes vs. the snails pace of the GW. ( I owned both too)
    2018 Spyder ST Limited , Asphalt Gray

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by lstayner View Post
    Yes, both bikes use the starter. The one thing my wife likes about the reverse in the Spyder is how fast it goes vs. the snails pace of the GW. ( I owned both too)
    Exactly. Big difference between a Reverse GEAR and the assisted reverse on some big cruiser bikes. Even some traditional trikes have a granny gear reverse that won't do more than about 5 mph. People should actually be aware that the Spyder is NOT like that. I don't recommend it, but I've tested the reverse gear on mine and it is pretty close to a mirror of 1st gear. I got mine up to about 20 mph on a straight line back (controlled environment) without red-lining the tach, laid off and eased to a gentle stop, took a deep breath and said out loud, "Wow. I won't be doing that again."