Spyder Garage

Default Seat recommendation for a 2018 Spyder RT Limited

Looking for any recommendations for a new seat. In terms of comfort and temperature reduction is an Ultimate seat or Corbin worth the cost? Is an Airhawk or a Wild-ass seat a better investment? Don’t want to break the bank, but want a more comfortable ride.

Spyder Garage

Seats are a very personal thing. Cushions like AirHawk are worth a try before going to a $1,000 seat.

Ultimates get very good reviews. Corbins have mixed reviews. You either like them or hate them. They are harder and never "break in." Those of us that like them (I have had two of them), call them supportive. Over 55,000 seat miles on two different Spyders that were Corbin equipped.

Good idea to test sit them before taking the plunge.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I agree with ARtraveler regarding the Ultimate and Corbin seats. I know a number of Spyder owners who are very satisfied with Ultimate seats and my son who had a couple of Corbins on his two wheelers did not like them at all -- too hard.

IMO, test sitting a seat is like test kissing a woman; you don't know what it's like until you have to live with it.

FWIW, I have a BRP Comfort Seat that I needed for extra leg room and am very satisfied with it.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

I rode almost 700 miles Friday on an Ultimate seat. I was comfortable for the most part. I did get a bit of butt ache but I just 'stood up' using the Seal floorboard up swing, streching my butt off the seat for 10 or 15 seconds and then sat down. All in all, after ryding on the Ultimate for 4 years, "I" would recommend Ultimate. Seven hundred miles in a day would test any seat's comfort. I've made that trip a half dozen times and further (as in Calhoun, LA to Valcourt the long way) and I've always been happy that I spent the money. That's just me.....

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

What is it about your seat that you don’t like? If it is just heat try a sheepskin, they let the air flow and keep you cooler. Misty Mountain Sheepskins in MO make some great skins for Spyders.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

If you can, try to go to a couple of Spyder events and try different seats that you see there. I don't just mean from a vendor, I'm sure if you ask to sit on someone's Spyder that is in the parking area, they will let you. Seats are expensive, so a test fit really needs to be done.
    2011 RTS (Sold to a very nice lady)
    1998 Honda Valkyrie
    2006 Mustang GT. Varooooom!
    US Navy Veteran
    SC Law Enforcement Boat Captain
    CNC Machine Service Technician
    President: Rolling Thunder SC1
    Member: Disabled American Veterans, Rock Hill, SC
    Member: American Legion
    Experience is recognizing the same mistake every time you make it!

Spyder Garage

Laamseats.com
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Like others have suggested, if at all possible … TRY …. before you buy …. my RT seat is fine for ME , but my Butt shape happen to be perfect …….. Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JayBros View Post
    I agree with ARtraveler regarding the Ultimate and Corbin seats. I know a number of Spyder owners who are very satisfied with Ultimate seats and my son who had a couple of Corbins on his two wheelers did not like them at all -- too hard.

IMO, test sitting a seat is like test kissing a woman; you don't know what it's like until you have to live with it.

FWIW, I have a BRP Comfort Seat that I needed for extra leg room and am very satisfied with it.
    Also x 2 with the BRP Comfort seat. Both my current RT's have them.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

When you decide to get a seat, don't buy online. Go to the factory and have it made to fit your form. Have it made so it's comfortable for you. That's what makes or breaks a seat.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

There is a custom bike seat manufacturer in a small t own North west from San Francisco. I searched and did not find it. Anyone know the name of the shop?

Spyder Garage

Laamseats.com
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system

Spyder Garage

Ultimate seat !!

Tommy J.
    F3L SE5 Black -- F4 windshield w/wings, Reggie LED headlights, driving lights & Cyclops LED, Ultimate seat, Fox shocks, BajaRon swaybar, Lamont highway centerline pegs & 3rd peg, Lamont belt tensioner, K&N air filter, Baker air wings & cup holder, CanAm hitch.
    2019 F3L , Black

Very Active Member OverHillAndDale's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I LOVE the Ultimate Seats tallboy (thought I'm only 5'10") for the extra room and it sits really great for the most part. For long distance I still add on my AirHawk. I had a Corbin once on a difference bike and though it was comfortable but I've heard a lot of issues about quality control (though that was a few years ago).

However, if I ever replace this seat I will look seriously at the Russell Day Long. That's the only seat company I have yet to hear a complaint about.
    2020- RT Limited
    Chalk White, Can-Am rear passenger armrests, Comfort Seat, Grip puppies, RAM Cup Holders, Providence RAM Mount
    FOBO2 TPMS
    Aluma MCTXL trailer
    BRP hitch
    Big Bike Parts wiring harness
    Permanent Smile!!!

Spyder Garage

Russell Day Long for me and the stock seat was uncomfortable the minute I sat on it. Like others said try to sit on them before you make up your mind.
    2015 Pearl White RTL
    Baja Ron Sway Bar
    Russell Day Long Seat
    Strobe Brake Light
    Mirror Mount Turn Signal Indicator

2015 RTL , Yes Pearl White