Spyder Garage

Default Trailer Tongue Stand Problem Solved

I don't know about the rest of you but i always have trouble with the pins on my trailer tongue, they always are a lot of trouble pushing them in and trying to open or close the tongue stand, so I figured out a simple solution as detailed below.

b.jpg

This is a trailer tongue stand off the trailer, the two pinsets (on Left) are what comes standard on the stand. I eliminated them completely.

d.jpg
    the "coupler snapper Pin" (the official name) is a 1/4" X # 3 1/2" pin with a safety catch wire (retail $2.99).

e.jpg When the stand is attached to the trailer, you simply use the "coupler snapper Pin" in place of the original pinsets.

the same "coupler snapper Pin" is used in either the open or closed position.

it is extremely easier than the original setup.

OK ..... Now the naysayers can tell me why i should not do this.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

When I bought my used RT-622 that's how it was equipped. It's a very simple, functional solution.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

I wish someone had shared that with me a long time and a couple of pinched fingers ago

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

Nothing wrong with that pin. It is exactly the same as the one I use to hold the retaining collar in place on the bulldog hitch on my 6 x 8 utility trailer.

Those who say " I can't" will always be right.
    2014 RT Limited , pewter (magnesium?)

Spyder Garage

Joe,

Thank you sir. I will take your hard work to heart and save my fingers.

John

Test message.

2016 Spyder RT

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I’ve had mine set up like that for years and I also have a strap that we attach to the tongue to pull it around with. If you just grab the tongue it is easy to scrape the heck out of the underside of the trailer.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Ann

I added a trailer handle for that

Cruzr joe

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzr Joe View Post
    Ann

I added a trailer handle for that

Cruzr joe
    Me too. Indispensable.
    2014 RTL Platinum