Spyder Garage

Default Handle bars too high

hello, quick question about the short reach bars. on my f3T just had them installed by dealer. pretty happy but i feel that while closer horizontally, theres a bit too high up now vertically away from my reach. from the fact that you actually installed it yourself please let me know if you think theres wiggle room in adjusting up and down to swivel them downwards. obviously i have no idea if the dealer did place them at the maximum on one extreme or the other but i was just trying to pick your brain on the general issue of how much overall play there is with the mod............thank you in advance

Spyder Garage

They should have had you sit while it was still loose to see where you like them best. Everyone is different. All you need to do is loosen the 4 bolts that hold it and sit in it to see where it feels the best for you, then re tighten them down. Just don't go so high or low that it hits your shield or limits your turning radius.
    2017 F3 Limited
    2017 F3 Limited , Lamonster Black Dymond brake pedal with brake rod at #5 Pure Magnesium Metallic

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Petrom714 View Post
    hello, quick question about the short reach bars. on my f3T just had them installed by dealer. pretty happy but i feel that while closer horizontally, theres a bit too high up now vertically away from my reach. from the fact that you actually installed it yourself please let me know if you think theres wiggle room in adjusting up and down to swivel them downwards. obviously i have no idea if the dealer did place them at the maximum on one extreme or the other but i was just trying to pick your brain on the general issue of how much overall play there is with the mod............thank you in advance
    I recently installed a set of the short reach on mine. I lowered them to where they just cleared the view of the mirrors. Easy adjustment as AY4B mentioned.

Spyder Garage

2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

As mentioned above, it’s an easy adjustment of the bars themselves, but be aware of two things. The 4 bolts holding the bars will be very, very tight if the dealer has used the BRP recommended locktite and locking pressure. The second is that rotating the bars can move the controls into an uncomfortable position, primarily for your left hand (indicators, paddles etc) and you have a limited range of adjustment for them as there is a pin. (You can always grind off the pin if it is a real issue)

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Default short reach bars on f3t question

does anyone know if the short reach bars can be rotated up/down in a more than insignificant range? my dealer did the modification and while i love the fact that the grips are now closer to me while operating I do feel that unfortunately the height of them is a bit higher than they were unmolested...if even theres a inch downwards can be moved that would help---

SpyderLovers Sponsor
    Spyder Garage

It may not be a full inch of movement but it is at least 1/2”. I have the short reach bars and have lowered them as far as possible but would really like them to be even lower. I may try adding Rox Risers to see if that helps.

2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Do this.Turn your handlebar all the way to the left. See how close the control housing is to the bodywork. I loosened the 2 inner clamp bolts on mine nearest you sitting on the bike and pushed down on bars to about 1/2 inch from body than tighten. That's as far as you can go without damaging your paint when doing full turns.
    2018 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue

Spyder Garage

Just for fun comparison IMG_4941.jpg

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox