Spyder Garage

Smile Gerbing heated jacket

I was able to buy a used (good condition) jacket along with the dual temp controller for $100 from a fellow rider. I say fellow rider even though he rides a Goldwing trike. I have ordered the Gerbing 12V Battery Harness with Fuses ( a bit over $12 from Amazon). I am thinking of mounting the output terminal of the harness on the left front speaker grill and will tap the power into a source after the power shedding relay. I was thinking of mounting the controller on a metal plate with industrial velcro and screwing the plate onto my Spyder cuff which is on the left side.

Any comments and suggestions would be appreciated!!!

Dean Secord AKA seaweed
    Veteran: U.S. Air Force
    2015 RT-S SE6

My Mods:
    TricLed Turn Signal, Squared Away Sept, 2016,SpyderPops Bump Skid, SpyderPops Missing Rock Guard, ION camera, Show Chrome Back Rest,
    Show Chrome Hitch. Leesure-lite trailer, Hopnel 850 Saddlebag Liners, Hopnel 3 piece lid netset - trunk and saddlebags
    Magic Brake Strobe/Flasher, DIY LED light strips on upper and lower A frames, BlueKnight911 Magic Mirrors,
    DIY superior grill, USB port, Hwy pegs, DIY Flag mounts for USA and US Air Force flags,
    Method to open Frunk and seat without using key, LED headlights and LED fog lights, turn signal switch safety mod

Spyder Garage

I connected mine at the alternator. Its on the left side right under you......

IMG_20181014_193615_01.jpg
    2021 RT LTD Petrol Blue DARK delivered 9/22/20
    New Engine @ 500 miles 4/8/21 - 5/21 due to oil leak in block
    https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...400-miles-HELP
    2018 RT-L , Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

You’re so fancy! On my RT I had an SAE plug on the battery and I just ran the cord out the frunk lid, over the air deflector and up to my jacket. I got fancier on my F3T though
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Ann, how did you get fancier on your F3T? I am worried about just hanging the cord out and letting it flap around.

Dean Secord AKA seaweed
    Veteran: U.S. Air Force
    2015 RT-S SE6

My Mods:
    TricLed Turn Signal, Squared Away Sept, 2016,SpyderPops Bump Skid, SpyderPops Missing Rock Guard, ION camera, Show Chrome Back Rest,
    Show Chrome Hitch. Leesure-lite trailer, Hopnel 850 Saddlebag Liners, Hopnel 3 piece lid netset - trunk and saddlebags
    Magic Brake Strobe/Flasher, DIY LED light strips on upper and lower A frames, BlueKnight911 Magic Mirrors,
    DIY superior grill, USB port, Hwy pegs, DIY Flag mounts for USA and US Air Force flags,
    Method to open Frunk and seat without using key, LED headlights and LED fog lights, turn signal switch safety mod

Spyder Garage

ran mine from battery terminal, thru center void, thru space on plastic under seat, and just let it curl up under seat when not in use. I have the cord, not the variable controller
    2015 Spyder RT Ltd- bUrp - only add the "U", 2010 Honda NT700V-red,2010 Honda NT700V-silver retired @201,111 miles, 1997 Honda PC800, 1996 Honda PC800, Honda CT500, Honda Shadow 500, 1978 Suzuki GS550, 1973 Suzuki TC125, other assorted smaller bikes, Suzuki TM400

Spyder Garage

I have a "Dual heated Control that I use riding my spyder in the fall, and I also use it on the sled when I ride in the winter. I connect my heated jacket to the heated controller.

Here is a picture of my Dual Heated Controller:https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1Q...vkPGZzrd5sDfVE

Deanna

Current Spyder - 2023 F3 LTD Special Mineral Blue

Red LED NANO Saddlebag Marker Lights with Full Illumination
    Sequential Fender LED'S (Amber/Red) with Safety Reflector
    Dual Power Plate (12 V & USB ports)
    Gremlin Bell
    Rear Trunk Organizer (4 holders, 2 Elastic Holders)
    Lamonster "Top Cuff" with adjustable drink Holder
    SpyderPops Missing Guard Belt
    Console Accent Trim (Carbon Fiber Domed Black)
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Front Fairing Service Access Door Covers (Carbon Fiber Doomed Black)
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover
    A-Arm Daytime Dual Color LED Running Lights with Blinker Module
    Hi-Viz DRL and Sequential Mirrors lights

Former Spyder - 2014 RTS SE6 Cognac SOLD
    2023 F3 LTD Special Series , N/A N/A Mineral Blue

Spyder Garage

I'm happy with the "Hotwired" branded heated gear that Cycle Gear sells - they now have built in controllers on the garments. I've got their gloves and jacket liner. You just connect into your battery SAE pigtail.

Spyder Garage

we have a Powerlet in the 'tank area' near the parking brake, driving light row. Alternatively, have the pigtail for the Battery Tender under the seat. We pull that out for the jacket should the Powerlet outlet be occupied by the GPS.
    2012 RT-SE5

Spyder Garage

My wife and I have been using Gerbing's heated garments for years. It's good quality gear. On the F3, I have installed an auxiliary fuse block under the passenger seat, using the F3's auxiliary power connection to control the block's relay and drawing power directly from the battery using a fused harness. Both connectors are tucked under the passenger seat until needed. You will like the ability to keep your core warm, which will enable your body to help keep your extremities warm. The downside is that a heated jacket or jacket liner is the "gateway drug" to heated gloves, chaps, socks... etc. (looking at the "Box 'O Heated Gear in the closet)!
    2017 F3T , Black, black and more black

Active Member NorthAlabamaSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

On my F3-T I put a mini coax plug into the "Heated Grip" hole for when I just use gloves. I also put a plug in that I can pull out between the passenger and drivers seat for when I use my jacket. This is just a loose mini coax plugin. Not sure how an RT is set up for the hole I used.
    2019 F3-T and some extra stuff