Hybrid View

Spyder Garage

I have been testing how and when the check engine light comes on for this code - if I sit in the middle of the seat (with equal distance front and back) the alert doesn’t happen. If I sit further back in the seat, the alert comes up within a couple miles. I have taken off many panels (thinking there’s a wire rubbing somewhere) but cannot find it. Any suggestions?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bumblspyder View Post
    I have been testing how and when the check engine light comes on for this code - if I sit in the middle of the seat (with equal distance front and back) the alert doesn’t happen. If I sit further back in the seat, the alert comes up within a couple miles. I have taken off many panels (thinking there’s a wire rubbing somewhere) but cannot find it. Any suggestions?
    That doesn't make a lot of sense but there is a switch in the seat to sense a passenger and change the calibration of the stability systems

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Interesting....🤔

Does seem to be a possible problem with the wiring under the seat. You could check the connection and any possible other wire damage grounding etc under there.
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black